Nexus 1 Spec Sheet

GameBoiye

Reaction score
I still have only had my Moto Droid for less than 30 days and I'm tempted to take it back for a N1. I'd like to clock the 1Gz. but i have no idea how the two really stack up against each other. i like the droid with its graphics processor and nice resolution, but i could do without the HW keyboard and people not hearing me clearly. I will admit that i dont care about that stupid trackball though. 600Mhz processors have been around a while. i still have a WinMo PDA that has a 550Mhz in it from 2003 from HP. even if the droid's processor does have a new architecture i'm glad to see a significant jump in processor size finally being made.

Not trying to change the subject or anything but I'm 99% positive that 2.1 will come out on the 23rd with the nexus one. nexus one has a link to the motorola droid on their website from the verizon section ("if you can't wait for a nexus one") so they obviously support them and possibly just wanted the update to wait for the n1. I dunno. Just a little spontaneous speculation. :icon_ banana:

If there's something wrong with people hearing you clearly take the Droid back to the store and have them check it out. Pretty much anyone that has a Droid will tell you how much better the Droid sounds than any other phone on the market. Everything is crystal clear and voice reception going into the phone is really nice. If other people can't hear you then something is wrong wth your phone.

demon69120

Reaction score
I knew it would be here on/the 23rd even though the VZW guys said no. Oh well. The droid kicks so much ass and I'm proud of it. It kills any phone, even your nexus one. The cpu is 600 mhz yet people are letting there droids have more than double that. Amazing. The keyboard is great, but I don't like how thick the nexus one is. Besides that, I prefer it over a nexus one anyday. Also, "droid" is by far the sickest phone name.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade the Droid for the Nexus. The Droid has some of the best hardware on a phone I've ever seen. The call quality is fantastic, the look is fantastic, it has a real keyboard and an online keyboard, the speaker kicks any phones ass - it's made of sturdy hardware.

The Nexus is a plastic HTC phone.. no keyboard, sound quality not so great, and it doesn't offer me anything that I would want.

In my book the Droid is still #1.

cpinto

Reaction score
Yes but in sunlight the Nexus screen cannot be seen at all. Furthermore, from what I hear the Nexus colors are off a bit.

I don't see why anyone would want the Nexus over the Droid...

My last phone had one of these screen that were impossible to see in the sunlight.

If this is the case for the Nexus one, then "Run forrest Run". These screens are a real pain. Anytime you are in the sunlight, the screen is grayed out. You can't see anything.

souljerr

Reaction score
Interesting to see how many people are now saying they wouldn't switch to the N1 from the Droid. I remember when the N1 came out an they was almost near panic. Glad to see the calmer heads coming out. I'm very happy with my Droid and won't be switching either.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
staying droid, but the nexus is a good addition to vzw.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely not switching...just yet lol. Honestly I'm not entirely convinced that Motorola is "back" I haven't been too impressed by their other phones so far :( and am beginning to think that they just got lucky when creating our Droids. I have to admit the Incredible looks really nice, but HTC makes too many phones and I'm not too sure about their attention to each one.

So I'm a bit conflicted, but I won't be switching for awhile so i hope phone makers bring their A game when my upgrade comes.

I'm waiting for this "Super AMOLED" business Samsung has supposedly created. Supposed to fix all the negatives of the AMOLED screens especially the glare from the sun.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Definitely not switching...just yet lol. Honestly I'm not entirely convinced that Motorola is "back" I haven't been too impressed by their other phones so far :( and am beginning to think that they just got lucky when creating our Droids. I have to admit the Incredible looks really nice, but HTC makes too many phones and I'm not too sure about their attention to each one.

So I'm a bit conflicted, but I won't be switching for awhile so i hope phone makers bring their A game when my upgrade comes.

I'm waiting for this "Super AMOLED" business Samsung has supposedly created. Supposed to fix all the negatives of the AMOLED screens especially the glare from the sun.

maybe but I have about 2 years to worry about that and by then smart phones will be even more advanced then now.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I will of offically had my Droid on the 22nd for 30 days it will be to late for me to trade in on the 23rd when the Nexus One drops in VZW so I won't be changing phone for quite some time nor do I want to I sold my iphone when I got my DRoid because it kicks that much ass.

DurangoJim

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if the soft buttons (home, back, search, menu) have been fixed where you can touch the icons rather than above. Might consider the N1 but the Incredible looks really nice. Then again I've been happy with my Droid for the last 4 months, but I never use the keyboard.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I will be sticking with my Droid. Those of use who rooted and installed a Custom 2.1 ROM, Custom kernel and OC'ed to 1 - 1.2 Ghz the performance is damned near dead nuts. The only thing the N1 has over the Droid is a slightly nicer screen. Otherwise there really is no HUGE driving factor to switch. Those that haven't or don't care to root their Droid may see a benefit in going to the N1.

coupon

Reaction score
I definitely like the design of the n1 better than the droid. But I have gotten too used to the keyboard :[

Droidfish

Reaction score
Yea the keyboard is the main reason I got the phone and I love it. I'll definitely wait for my next upgrade but as long as there are devs like pete and chevy working on the droid I'll stick around.

big.daddy

Reaction score
I definitely like the design of the n1 better than the droid. But I have gotten too used to the keyboard :[

I only use my keyboard when in recovery or entering something in the terminal emulator. each time i use it, i hate it more and more.