Nexus 1 Spec Sheet

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-One-Verizon-2.jpg

Well it looks like the Nexus one won't be changed much by VZW. With the exception of having CDMA support only. Thats'a a bad move in my opinion. If they would have let it do both like the S2. Then the Nexus would be a world phone. Since I have one of these I can tell you the specs haven't been changed at all. I think it should come with more memory and for WIFI a/b/g/n, but overall it's an excellent device. March 23rd is right around the corner from now. How many people are making the switch over when it's officially released to Big RED?

{Source: AndroidCentral.com}

jdlfg

Reaction score
I do not plan on trading in my droid for the nexus 1 I was planning on activating another line so I could use it outside of the country. I guess that is not going to happen. I guess I will have to use my old storm when I travel

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll stick with my Droid. I dont think the Nexus will be that big a leap forward, plus I like my physical keyboard (and the thing is only a couple months old).

Xpain

Reaction score
Well, this phone was the reason why I got a 1 year contract opposed to the 2 year one I normally get, but after having the Droid for roughly 4 months, I'm not so sure I need the Nexus... I'm happy with my Droid and I doubt I'll replace it this soon. I'll probably skip it and wait what else they come up with...

c_mack9

Reaction score
i have had my droid for only about 2 weeks or so. everyone told me to wait til the N1 came out and get that instead. im glad i didnt wait. i <3 droid and wont be switchin.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks nice. The 2.1 OS should be on the Droid but I'm rooted so I'm not feeling the need for it. Now if someone gave me one I wouldn't turn it down but I'm not paying for a new phone for a while.

JCo352

Reaction score
I want the Incredible over the Nexus but I don't want Sense UI, so I might be waiting a while for an upgrade.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus doesn't really do anything for me. I don't care for the look or feel of it (to light for me). I'm sure it will feel the void for people that fell the opposite though (that think the Droid is too heavy).

What I really don't like is that you have to void your warranty to unlock the boot-loader (least from what I've read) and I see no reason why that would change by it coming to VZW. I'll keep my hackable (i.e. customizable) Droid.

Reaction score
This Nexus 1 does nothing for me. Not having a physical keyboard makes it so that you lose half of your screen (or more) just typing. This would really limit browsing and stuff. I had a Blackberry Storm two phones ago and could never live without a physical keyboard again.:byestorm:

GameBoiye

Reaction score
If the Droid was not able to be OC'd then I would definitely want this phone and just deal with the no keyboard since the extrad speed to improve emulators is more important, but since my Droid is running 1.2 GHZ and I've grown attached to the Droid's keyboard which works very well for emulators, there's no way I would give it up for onscreen controls for emulators.

I just wish the Droid had as good of a screen as the Nexus but we still got a decent one with slightly better resolution so I'm not complaining.

ctsv510

Reaction score
I just wish the Droid had as good of a screen as the Nexus but we still got a decent one with slightly better resolution so I'm not complaining.

Pardon my ignorance but what is better about the Nexus screen?

GameBoiye

Reaction score

Pardon my ignorance but what is better about the Nexus screen?

It has a AMOLED screen. It's one of those things you have to see to understand the difference, but just look at your Droid and imagine the screen being slightly better. It's not a drastic step, but it is better. Colors are much vibrant and it's slightly clearer.

I compared the Water live wallpaper on my Droid and on the Nexus One and you can notice the difference and just by a little bit the Nexus One's screen is better.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes but in sunlight the Nexus screen cannot be seen at all. Furthermore, from what I hear the Nexus colors are off a bit.

I don't see why anyone would want the Nexus over the Droid...

bradford88

Reaction score
I still have only had my Moto Droid for less than 30 days and I'm tempted to take it back for a N1. I'd like to clock the 1Gz. but i have no idea how the two really stack up against each other. i like the droid with its graphics processor and nice resolution, but i could do without the HW keyboard and people not hearing me clearly. I will admit that i dont care about that stupid trackball though. 600Mhz processors have been around a while. i still have a WinMo PDA that has a 550Mhz in it from 2003 from HP. even if the droid's processor does have a new architecture i'm glad to see a significant jump in processor size finally being made.

Not trying to change the subject or anything but I'm 99% positive that 2.1 will come out on the 23rd with the nexus one. nexus one has a link to the motorola droid on their website from the verizon section ("if you can't wait for a nexus one") so they obviously support them and possibly just wanted the update to wait for the n1. I dunno. Just a little spontaneous speculation. :icon_ banana: