NexTheme not working for me on BBv1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by seanzy13, May 20, 2010.

1. seanzy13

seanzy13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty new to the droid hacking world, had mine all of 1 week and rooted 2 days ago. I'm currently running BBv1 and am pretty happy with it, but I can't figure out how to apply the smoked glass or nextheme to it. I tried using MM but it says the theme is invalid because it doesn't have a theme control file. I tried using the converter that someone mentioned to convert the old style theme to the .xml version, but I can't seem to find a .thm file to convert within the file. What am I doing wrong? How do I install the stupid theme? Am I really that dumb?

I'm also a little confused about how to install the various other kernels available to overclock the droid, but i'm sure i'll figure that one out on my own before too long.

2. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    install the themes as as update.zip using sprecovery.

download the theme you wish to install onto your pc then move the file to the root of you sd card. rename the file to "update" (do not use quotations). boot into recovery an install from there.

it's the same process for the kernals.

#2 J*Bishop, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. seanzy13

seanzy13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol I can't believe I didn't try this ealier. I just figured out how to do the custom kernels that way and looking at the similar file structure between it and the theme and was thinking hey...I bet I do the theme this way too, then bam new reply to your post

Anyway, thanks, believe I got it figured out now.

4. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    glad you got it worked out.