Next.......

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by sir2545, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sir2545

sir2545 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just returned the Thunderbolt to Verizon and went back to the OG. There were issues with it that I just couldn't get over. I have to say that after having and using an HTC phone, I like Moto's hardware a lot better. I'm sure that HTC will push an update to fix all the bugs, but I just couldnt deal with it. The battery was not an issue for me at all, and I'm so sick of seeing battery threads I could throw up. I really wanted to like the phone, but oh well. Hopefully the Bionic will offer a little more.

2. Fightnfire

Fightnfire Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Specifics?

What didn't you like enough to force you back to the Droid?

3. sir2545

sir2545 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    *These are things that I didnt like so before I say anything I'll say that I'm sure a lot of people will like the Thunderbolt, but it just wasnt for me.

1. I liked the stock keyboard, but typing fast on it was terrible, for instance if you tried to quickly type nearly anything beginning with the letters th, you would end up without the t, so the would be he, these, would be hese(usually auto-corrected to head), those was hose, so on and so forth.

2. Google maps could never accurately locate me and I had my OG right beside it locked on. TB would be a mile or so off. I tried to clear data and cache in maps and that didnt help.

3. The volume wasnt as loud as the D1 but it wasn't quiet either. Phone calls were fine, just couldnt hear some youtube videos. People also complained that there is hardly any sound when recording video, but I dont know cuz I didnt record anything

4. The location of the charger and headphone jack.....I type in portrait mode with my left hand and I had to try to learn how to use my right hand because the charger was in the way. The solution to this was to get a right angled usb cord, so this is kind of irrelevant, but something for prospective buyers to know about. The headphone jack is in the way if you are typing in landscape mode, and I suppose you could use the same solution for that as well, but it bugged me.

There are plenty of things to like about the TBolt, but because I listen to a lot of music, text, and use maps a sh!t-ton, these issues were not easy to overlook.