Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I realize this thread is a bit old by now, but I can personally confirm that the Nexus 6P can be purchased from Huawei or Google and used on the Verizon network with no issue.

I cut my own nano sim into a micro sim (or vice versa) so I could use it. That sim actually just gave out on my a couple weeks ago. The phone wouldn't register it. I took it in to my local Verizon store and they replaced it right away. I was afraid there'd be some issue in getting it activated with the new sim, but there wasn't.

The same should be true for the 5X as well.

OP
K

karte

Reaction score
Where can I try on of those google phones? do they have a store like apple has?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't believe the latest Nexus devices are available "to try" at any of the top 4 US carrier's. (But I could be wrong) One of our many Nexus owners should be able to verify.
Best Buy maybe?

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Where can I try on of those google phones? do they have a store like apple has?

I don't believe the latest Nexus devices are available "to try" at any of the top 4 US carrier's. (But I could be wrong) One of our many Nexus owners should be able to verify.
Best Buy maybe?

S5 tap'n
Best Buy is currently the only brick and mortar store that I'm aware of that is selling these devices. I just checked Best Buy: Expert Service. Unbeatable Price. and several variants of the 6P are sold out online, though not all. Whether your local store is sold out or not, I would think they'd still have the demo phone up that you could play around with.

Google and Huawei also have return policies that would allow you to purchase the device, try it for at least 14 days (one may offer 30 days) and return it within that time as long as it's in the condition you got it in if you decide you don't like it.

OP
K

karte

Reaction score
If I get the Nexus and use it on Verizon network, do I get updates through Google or I have to wait months like other Verizon customers?

OP
K

karte

Reaction score
When I compare the Samsung S6 or the new S7 with the google phones, the Samsung always wins. That makes me think twice, even though i hate the Verizon's bloatware to death.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
When I compare the Samsung S6 or the new S7 with the google phones, the Samsung always wins. That makes me think twice, even though i hate the Verizon's bloatware to death.
Agreed! I am a Sammy fan all the way!! I think it would awesome if Sammy started making Google phones but I don't think we will see that..

♡from my hot Edge+♡