Next Nexus 7 Device Coming in July With the 16GB Version at a $229 Price Point

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 13, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

If rumors from DigiTimes are correct, Google has no plans to chase the ultra-cheap pricing model to the bottom of the toilet with their next Nexus 7. According to their sources, Google is planning to stick with similar pricing for their next generation of the Nexus 7 tablet and may even increase it slightly to $229.99. Google wants to make sure they lock up the mid-range segment and avoid competing in the entry-level arean. Here's a quote with the details,

What do you guys think? With the rumored higher end specs of the next generation Nexus 7, will it still be a bargain at $230?

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    That's fine by me if (a) Google continues to partner with Asus and (b) Asus continues to offer their own branded 7" (like the Memo) under $199 with a comparable processor and display (or close!). Or wait...having a Nexus device does mean getting more timely updates. Hmmm, tough choice.

-Matt

#2 gadgetrants, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +760
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    16 gigs? I broke my first Nexus 7 and it was a 16 gig model. It sucked because I wasted $200. I bought a new one and made it a 32 gig model. The 16gig model ran out of memory too fast and I wasn't storing pictures or videos or music. It was just apps. I downloaded one racing game and it was over a gig. Apps are getting bigger and bigger and 16 gigs just isn't enough. I'm sure it suits many people and it suits me on my S3, but for tablets, I think 32 should become their minimum standard.

4. GAstorino

GAstorino Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I agree a 32 GB has to be a minimum anymore. Hell I can get an IPAD with 64 gb. What is it with these companies and being stingy on the memory ie S4 phone and 16gb vs their 64gb. Why would someone trade their old 32 gb for a new 16gb makes no sense. Memory is so cheap anymore its insane not to top out with as much as possible. I have an Archos 5" player with 500 GB drive in it and its about the thickness of 2 phones. I have a 128gb usb stick that I paid $50 bucks for. Companies please don't keep holding back the tech in dribs and drabs to give us incremental updates for $$$$.

5. trestevenson

trestevenson Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    $230 is cheap enough for me to sell my current 7 and pay the difference for the refresh.

Search tags for this page
cheap nexus 7 in july
next nexus

nexus 7

samsung galaxy s4 active verizon
upcoming nexus 7