Next-Gen Nexus Supposedly Confirmed by Huawei Employee

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2Id1L.png

You should definitely file this news under the "rumor" category, even though it simply confirms some previous rumors. Today's intel supposedly comes from a Huawei Employee who claims that Huawei will be the maker of the next phablet-sized Nexus smartphone, due later this year.

Previous rumors pegged the device to have a 5.7-inch Quad HD display, but this source didn't elaborate on these details. Here's a quote with the intel,

The source, who works for Huawei in the UK, confirmed the company was working with Google on the Nexus smartphone but was unable to talk about the specifics of the device or when it would be shipped beyond later this year.

As you can see, it's not much to go on, but it does at least throw fuel on the fire for the previous Huawei Nexus rumors. We will keep you informed if more details emerge.

Here's a link to our dedicated Google Nexus forum for further discussion: Google Forums Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: IBTimes

squeak

Reaction score
As of right now it looks like either this phone, or the z4v will be my next phone.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm eager to see what Huawei brings to the table. Nexustown is my next stop.

on the move..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure that I'll be done with my Edge payments on my Note 4 by the time this comes out, but I'm interested to see what they bring to the table as well. I was going to get another nexus device after the s4, but the Note caught my eye. I still love the Note, but the longer I go without a nexus device, the more I wish I would've held out a bit.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm prepping myself. I've been using Google Calendar since the last big UI changing update. Same thing now since Photos became it's own app. I've been using Hangouts for SMS since it was available. I'm not a crazy step counter, but I'm thinking about replacing S Health with Google Fit. By the time I'm in the market to upgrade, I'll be ready this time. ;)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha nice Jonny... try Google messenger better than Hangouts IMO

Tapped by NexusSix

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha nice Jonny... try Google messenger better than Hangouts IMO

Tapped by NexusSix
I might have to give it a go. I stopped short when it first came out because I liked having Hangouts and SMS integrated. I don't send a LOT of Hangouts messages by anyone's standards, but it just made sense to me to have them in the same place. Maybe I'll try again with Messenger though.