Next Gen DROIDS ha I wonder...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DroidHoff, Jun 17, 2010.

1. DroidHoff

DroidHoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude does Verizon have like a focus group that decides placement of the hard keys on their phones! I just find it funny that when you look here Droid Does | The Next Generation of Does by Verizon Wireless you see 3 different placements! Seems to me it would be better to have a little consistency here!

2. eliassami5

eliassami5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well the Droids back button is placed all the way on the left so than when the hard keyboard is out you can easily reach the back button without jumping over all the other soft touch buttons. So i can see why they didnt need to have the back button in that location for the X and the Inc. since they both dont have a hardware keyboard. And for the fact that the Inc. and the X are made by 2 totally different manufacturers so i would expect some differences.

3. DroidHoff

DroidHoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point, but wouldn't leaving the buttons in the same spot for non keyboard devices still make sense? Just because you don't have the keyboard doesn't mean you HAVE to move them. Also look at the newly leaked pics for the Droid 2, the back button is where the home button is on the original DROID.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Despite evidence to the contrary on this board, relatively few people use multiple phones, much less multiple Droid models at the same time. I suspect manufacturers see little reason to standardize on button placement.

On the other hand, if there is anything in the world that needs to be standardized, it's voice mail interfaces. :icon_evil: