1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Next Droid qwerty slider?

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by CPAaz, Jun 14, 2012.

1. CPAaz

CPAaz New Member

Has there been any news on a possible Droid 5?
  2. blacbeard

blacbeard New Member

My money is on end of Q1 2013, sadly I need a new one in the meantime and would really hate to upgrade to a Droid 4
  3. ponyracer

ponyracer New Member

isn't the Razr also a slider?
  4. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

No it's not, as far as I know the D4 is the only slider.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  5. jjbinks82

jjbinks82 New Member

That would be nice if they had more sliders in the smartphone dept. Droid 2 was my very first smartphone and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!

If they did re-release, upgrading the tech (quad core, more ram, HD screen, etc) I'd totally buy it again!

I really liked the size and keyboard if that phone.

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC
  6. dewhashish

dewhashish New Member

id love a droid 5 with an AMOLED screen and an unlockable bootloader
  7. CPAaz

CPAaz New Member

I agree but I am giving up on the Droid 5 and am getting the Maxx HD Thursday. Time to learn how to use a virtual keyboard.
  8. Lukeq

Lukeq New Member

The Future of QWERTY Slide Phones:

There is a bright future for qwerty slide phones because the need for such technology and integration is there. 'High-Tech Power Users' are the primary beneficiaries of the qwerty features. Short-sighted 'simple text' cell phone users (the vast current majority of the market) do not understand what I'm talking about when I mention the following: 1) Healthcare HIPAA-related documentation is headed to the smartphone. Hardware-capable qwerty technology will become critical when documenting work and medical-related information on HL7 federally certified electronic health and medication administration records; 2) QWERTY slide phones do not take up one-half to two-thirds of the cellphone screen; 3) QWERTY keyboards have better dependability and are more accurate than virtual screens. Touch screens can become problematic because they are more sensitive to temperature, pressure variation, and hygiene factors (e.g., dirt on fingers, make-up and oil on screen, etc.); 4) QWERTY phones are not an either/or touch screen experience. QWERTY slide out phones also have virtual keyboards, but with phones like the Droid 4 (my phone), the user has a choice. The point here is that QWERTY smart phones are not a rejection of virtual keyboards. Smart phones like the Droid 4 also have advanced QWERTY back-light technology for "High-Tech Power Users" who need more dependability, speed, and toughness for what they do; 5) I teach graduate school online. 95% of my documentation and correspondence is done on my Droid 4. A virtual keyboard does not make the grade in this intense documentation environment. I need a laptop that fits into my pocket. Its called a Droid 4.

What is the problem?

1) Marketing - No one seems to understand what I'm talking about. I can't even get Verizon sales people to see or understand what I'm saying.

2) Sex - The iPhone is sleek, sexy, and simple. I give it that. But, if we can send a man to the moon in 1969, and send robots into space to solve the mysteries of the universe, surely Droid 5 can be made to look sleek and sexy. And while we are in the mood, let's follow Einstein's theory of making things simple, but not more simple.

3) Verizon must eventually join the international community in where the cell phone industry is headed. That includes a) Contract commitments and upgrade allowances are a thing of the past. This present system is a bunch of marlarkey
  9. CPAaz

CPAaz New Member

I agree with what you are saying however the droid sliders seem to be the red-haired stepchild of the droid family. Never on the cutting edge.
  10. r314bd

r314bd New Member

I really hope the physical keyboard Android devices don't die out. I can't imagine going to a touchscreen only device.
  11. goosedeath

goosedeath New Member

It's bearable. I still would like my nexus to be a slider. I had a hard time upgrading from my og droid.
  12. monsterenergy

monsterenergy New Member

i agree, but i went from the og to the 2 global so it was still sweet. if google made a nexus with a slide keyboard i think that would defiantly be the best phone ever. i miss the keyboard from my d3
  13. tpence2177

tpence2177 New Member

How is the droid 4 keyboard compared to the 3? I have had every droid besides the 4 and I love the 3 the best. Don't see the 4 being a big enough upgrade from the 3 to get it. Will probably get the maxx hd when I can upgrade seeing that I had the casio commando in between and was ok with just the touch screen. Wishing they would come out with a maxx 5. That would be my dream phone

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  14. r314bd

r314bd New Member

The keyboard is a significant improvement from the 3 to the 4 IMHO, and also the value of 4G can't be emphasized enough. If you live in a 4G market, I'd seriously consider the D4
  15. tpence2177

tpence2177 New Member

Just got 4g around here last week. How is the battery life with the new ICS update?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  16. cyclonmaster

cyclonmaster New Member

I really love Android with QWERTY keyboard. It's nice if the QWERTY design to match a gamepad to beat XPERIA Play form factor plus give it a stylus support with 5" size. It become ultimate android for sure :)
  17. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I went from Droid to Droid 3 to Droid 4. Each was a significant improvement over the one before it. The advantages the Droid 4 has over the Droid 3 make it a great upgrade even if the keyboard wasn't better (it is). 4G, twice the ram, official ICS and announced JB upgrade...... I liked my Droid 3......love my Droid 4.
  18. MonsterEnergy655

MonsterEnergy655 New Member

Personaly I thought the 3 was the best I've had all of them from the og to 4. The only improvements are a better front camera, webtop, more ram, and cool keyboard lights. I wasn't a huge fan of the 4, mostly because I had a massive 4000mah extended battery for my d3, and the d4 had 1750mah of 'nonremoveable' bs. The only thing that held the battery in was a sticker and a screw. if you could have put a bigger battery in the 4 I would have loved it. So I got rid of it for a galaxy nexus and I really miss my keyboard now
  19. victoriak68

victoriak68 New Member

You should hold off until the BlackBerry 10 series comes out. The keyboards, both physical and touch, are going to be the best on the market. Also, BlackBerry 10 will support Android apps. Even now BlackBerry still has the best keyboard (both physical and touch), its just that BlackBerry doesn't have enough apps and their phones are currently too slow to be desirable. From what I've been reading, BlackBerry10 will change all that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  20. victoriak68

victoriak68 New Member

Btw, I love touch. Physical keyboards have always given me a headache.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
android qwerty slider 2013

droid 5

droid 5 motorola
droid 5 news
droid 5 qwerty
droid 5 qwerty date

droid 5 rumors

droid 5 slider
droid 5 slider rumors
droid qwerty slider