Next Droid qwerty slider?

CPAaz

Reaction score
Has there been any news on a possible Droid 5?

blacbeard

Reaction score
My money is on end of Q1 2013, sadly I need a new one in the meantime and would really hate to upgrade to a Droid 4

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
ponyracer said:
isn't the Razr also a slider?

No it's not, as far as I know the D4 is the only slider.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:

jjbinks82

Reaction score
That would be nice if they had more sliders in the smartphone dept. Droid 2 was my very first smartphone and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!

If they did re-release, upgrading the tech (quad core, more ram, HD screen, etc) I'd totally buy it again!

I really liked the size and keyboard if that phone.

Shot from an EVER DEFIANT ROOTED BIONIC

dewhashish

Reaction score
id love a droid 5 with an AMOLED screen and an unlockable bootloader

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
I agree but I am giving up on the Droid 5 and am getting the Maxx HD Thursday. Time to learn how to use a virtual keyboard.

Lukeq

Reaction score
The Future of QWERTY Slide Phones:

There is a bright future for qwerty slide phones because the need for such technology and integration is there. 'High-Tech Power Users' are the primary beneficiaries of the qwerty features. Short-sighted 'simple text' cell phone users (the vast current majority of the market) do not understand what I'm talking about when I mention the following: 1) Healthcare HIPAA-related documentation is headed to the smartphone. Hardware-capable qwerty technology will become critical when documenting work and medical-related information on HL7 federally certified electronic health and medication administration records; 2) QWERTY slide phones do not take up one-half to two-thirds of the cellphone screen; 3) QWERTY keyboards have better dependability and are more accurate than virtual screens. Touch screens can become problematic because they are more sensitive to temperature, pressure variation, and hygiene factors (e.g., dirt on fingers, make-up and oil on screen, etc.); 4) QWERTY phones are not an either/or touch screen experience. QWERTY slide out phones also have virtual keyboards, but with phones like the Droid 4 (my phone), the user has a choice. The point here is that QWERTY smart phones are not a rejection of virtual keyboards. Smart phones like the Droid 4 also have advanced QWERTY back-light technology for "High-Tech Power Users" who need more dependability, speed, and toughness for what they do; 5) I teach graduate school online. 95% of my documentation and correspondence is done on my Droid 4. A virtual keyboard does not make the grade in this intense documentation environment. I need a laptop that fits into my pocket. Its called a Droid 4.

What is the problem?

1) Marketing - No one seems to understand what I'm talking about. I can't even get Verizon sales people to see or understand what I'm saying.

2) Sex - The iPhone is sleek, sexy, and simple. I give it that. But, if we can send a man to the moon in 1969, and send robots into space to solve the mysteries of the universe, surely Droid 5 can be made to look sleek and sexy. And while we are in the mood, let's follow Einstein's theory of making things simple, but not more simple.

3) Verizon must eventually join the international community in where the cell phone industry is headed. That includes a) Contract commitments and upgrade allowances are a thing of the past. This present system is a bunch of marlarkey

OP
CPAaz

CPAaz

Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying however the droid sliders seem to be the red-haired stepchild of the droid family. Never on the cutting edge.

r314bd

Reaction score
I really hope the physical keyboard Android devices don't die out. I can't imagine going to a touchscreen only device.

goosedeath

Reaction score
SGMD1 said:
I really hope the physical keyboard Android devices don't die out. I can't imagine going to a touchscreen only device.

It's bearable. I still would like my nexus to be a slider. I had a hard time upgrading from my og droid.

monsterenergy

Reaction score
It's bearable. I still would like my nexus to be a slider. I had a hard time upgrading from my og droid.

i agree, but i went from the og to the 2 global so it was still sweet. if google made a nexus with a slide keyboard i think that would defiantly be the best phone ever. i miss the keyboard from my d3

tpence2177

Reaction score
How is the droid 4 keyboard compared to the 3? I have had every droid besides the 4 and I love the 3 the best. Don't see the 4 being a big enough upgrade from the 3 to get it. Will probably get the maxx hd when I can upgrade seeing that I had the casio commando in between and was ok with just the touch screen. Wishing they would come out with a maxx 5. That would be my dream phone

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

r314bd

Reaction score
The keyboard is a significant improvement from the 3 to the 4 IMHO, and also the value of 4G can't be emphasized enough. If you live in a 4G market, I'd seriously consider the D4

tpence2177

Reaction score
Just got 4g around here last week. How is the battery life with the new ICS update?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2