Next Android Version Rumor

A-Bomb

Reaction score
Was at Verizon today getting a case for my Galaxy Nexus and the rep started talking about how the next Android OS will be called "Emerald Candy" he said it will have a hexacon layout or something like that and it would make things on the screen "pop" and that you could put 3D glasses on while playing a movie and watch it in 3D. He than went on to say that the file was pretty big and that the Nexus would run it perfectly.

I don't know were he heard this but I know he has been working at the Verizon store near me for years and sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

And yes I know it doesn't follow the "ABC" order that Android OS updates have followed.

I honestly don't know what to think about this...

carassius

Reaction score
That's weird.

My vote is still for 'jellybean.' Mainly because that's the only sweet type thing I can think of right now that starts with a 'J'.

famac!

Reaction score
Verizon store rep with advanced info??? HA HA HA!! Thanks for the laugh.

Amberite

Reaction score
No... *ahem* he was just trolling... It will probably be Jelly Bean, but Google hasn't officially announced anything yet. VZ employees usually don't follow everything.

Agreed, he trolled you. ICS just came out, there are probably only a handful of people in the world that know what Google's plans are for the next release, and I can guarantee you that a lowly Verizon wireless store clerk is not one of them :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was at Verizon today getting a case for my Galaxy Nexus and the rep started talking about how the next Android OS will be called "Emerald Candy" he said it will have a hexacon layout or something like that and it would make things on the screen "pop" and that you could put 3D glasses on while playing a movie and watch it in 3D. He than went on to say that the file was pretty big and that the Nexus would run it perfectly.

I don't know were he heard this but I know he has been working at the Verizon store near me for years and sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

And yes I know it doesn't follow the "ABC" order that Android OS updates have followed.

I honestly don't know what to think about this...
I stopped there. :D

Our team has more inside info than verizon reps imo.

Reaction score
Anyone reading these forums knows more than those reps. I called up a couple Best Buys the day the devices accidentally came out and played dumb asking if they had them available. Some of the people in the Best Buy mobile department didn't even know what the Galaxy Nexus was.

Creed

Reaction score
Cupcake. Donut. Eclair. Froyo. Gingerbread. Honeycomb. Ice Cream Sandwich.

All of the above, ignoring the alphabetic order, are real things. Emerald Candy... Lol.

sb1831

Reaction score
I'd REALLY prefer they dropped the whole name thing for Android. Yes it was gimmicky and witty, but all it's really done as of late is further fragmentation. You can go to a store and see 3 different mobile devices all running the Android O.S and none of them look anything like each other.

If the next OS update isn't a refinement of ICS with some upgrades, I'll seriously look at going to to another OS. It's more like there is Gingerbread 1.X.X. Honeycomb 1.X.X. and now ICS 1.0.3

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Anyone reading these forums knows more than those reps. I called up a couple Best Buys the day the devices accidentally came out and played dumb asking if they had them available. Some of the people in the Best Buy mobile department didn't even know what the Galaxy Nexus was.

Or the like manager at a new VZW store by my house, he was calling it the galaxy nexus s! :p

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

jcardona1

Reaction score
I'd REALLY prefer they dropped the whole name thing for Android. Yes it was gimmicky and witty, but all it's really done as of late is further fragmentation. You can go to a store and see 3 different mobile devices all running the Android O.S and none of them look anything like each other.

If the next OS update isn't a refinement of ICS with some upgrades, I'll seriously look at going to to another OS. It's more like there is Gingerbread 1.X.X. Honeycomb 1.X.X. and now ICS 1.0.3

You can thank phone manufacturers for that, NOT Google/Android. They all take vanilla Android and apply their slimy UI skins in order to make their phones look 'unique'. Moto has Blur, HTC uses Sense, and Samsung uses TouchWiz. You can avoid all that by only using Nexus phones :)