News RSS Problems

jsiwig

Reaction score
I received a Droid X for Christmas and haven't had any problems until this week. My RSS feeds through the preinstalled news app have completely stopped updating. I have tried power cycling the phone as well as clearing the data and cache from the app.

I am now unable to resubscribe to any feeds. I also have a second problem- when trying to add new feeds I no longer have a option for the prebundled feeds (sports, politics etc) that were available before. I am wondering if I just need to uninstall/reinstall the app, but am not sure how to do this as I could not find it in the market.

I have tried using buzzbox instead, but really prefer the preinstalled app.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

crix0r

Reaction score
I received a Droid X for Christmas and haven't had any problems until this week. My RSS feeds through the preinstalled news app have completely stopped updating. I have tried power cycling the phone as well as clearing the data and cache from the app.

I am now unable to resubscribe to any feeds. I also have a second problem- when trying to add new feeds I no longer have a option for the prebundled feeds (sports, politics etc) that were available before. I am wondering if I just need to uninstall/reinstall the app, but am not sure how to do this as I could not find it in the market.

I have tried using buzzbox instead, but really prefer the preinstalled app.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Bump? I'm have a very similar issue on my Droid 2.

Thanks,
crix0r

thenew3

Reaction score
Did you guys ever find a solution? I've been struggling with this on both of my Droid X's since January.

I've even done factory resets on both of them, still have the same issue.