News on the release of 2.1

bpad10

Reaction score
bpad10
your out of line!
I had a 2.1 question, which you might have answered if you had understood my writings.
Let me leave it at that, before my 50%Irish kicks in.
KMIA or KMGA
How? If I am I do apologize.......Just ment that some on this board are somewhat harsh because you didn't look hard enough. I simply answered your question.....sorry if you took it the wrong way.

bpad10

Reaction score
What's really amazing to me: What is the update going to do for you that you can't live without? If you couldn't live without it, why did you buy the phone in the first place? If you bought the phone in that condition, why are you so angry they aren't doing anything to 'fix' it?

I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms over an update that really doesn't hold many bugfixes in the first place. The phone has some issues as all things in life do, but they are workable, fixable issues that most of us can combat on our own.

Has anyone had their phone blow up in their hands?
Has anyone had their phone melt to their dashboards?
Has anyone received major physical harm because of the phone?

No. No. No.

I love these threads because of people like you. It reminds me how to appreciate how awesome the stuff is I have and not get stuck in a vicious circle waiting for 'the next big thing'.

I hope you make sure to call Pampers when they don't update your kids diapers.
Has anyone had their personal information or confidential work info stolen because their phone's security was faulty? if you own a droid....it's possible and is part of the 2.1 fix. Some of what 2.1 offers is relevent.

I know SOME people don't need to use their phone for anything other than a childs toy....and that's fine.....

Thats a pretty weak excuse you are hinging on there.
Certain Doctors I deal with use their phone for dictation and notes on various patients. I use it to look up lab results....If their phone is lost, that could be a very serious problem.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone had their personal information or confidential work info stolen because their phone's security was faulty? if you own a droid....it's possible and is part of the 2.1 fix. Some of what 2.1 offers is relevent.

I know SOME people don't need to use their phone for anything other than a childs toy....and that's fine.....

Certain Doctors I deal with use their phone for dictation and notes on various patients. I use it to look up lab results....If their phone is lost, that could be a very serious problem.

Then I would say thats an excellent example of when a BB is more appropriate for the situation. Even with 2.1, the locking mechanism will be far less secure than other phones like BB.

Trooper

Reaction score
Does anyone know hoe to get rid of these peculiar red bumps around my nads? Man do they itch...........:icon_eek:

oops, wrong forum.....

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Kerosene and a lighter.

Have fun.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a funny thread. :icon_ banana:

Glad you're amused. I'm watching this thread very closely. Please everybody be civil. I'm not saying you aren't. I just want to make sure you continue to be.

bpad10

Reaction score
This is a funny thread. :icon_ banana:

Glad you're amused. I'm watching this thread very closely. Please everybody be civil. I'm not saying you aren't. I just want to make sure you continue to be.

Probably should just close it....anyone who wants to vent their frustration on the appropriate thread are attacked or accused of whinning anyway..........might as well make this site into a strict rooting forum.

Grabraham

Reaction score

Update or no... a putting HIPPA or other PI data on the Droid is a risky call without any encryption. The Doctors you work with are saving those recordings to the SD card. I can get the SD out of the phone without knowing what pattern he used to lock the phone ;)

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

Update or no... a putting HIPPA or other PI data on the Droid is a risky call without any encryption. The Doctors you work with are saving those recordings to the SD card. I can get the SD out of the phone without knowing what pattern he used to lock the phone ;)

VERY good point!

bpad10

Reaction score

I agree with you there.

bpad10

Reaction score
Isn't anyone else frustrated with Verizon and Motorola on how they continue to drop the ball? Then regress into hiding until the firestorm is over.

I've never seen such mismanagement in my life (and I work in health care)

I'm curious why everyone is so complacent.

dadamsx

Reaction score
Isn't anyone else frustrated with Verizon and Motorola on how they continue to drop the ball? Then regress into hiding until the firestorm is over.

because the update is "meh" and its still just a material item.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
S

Well, this isn't health care. ;) I don't know what experience you've had with smart phones, but I find it quite typical.