News flash DroidForums bans cyanogen

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnDroid

Not sure where you go that info from Forkup but I checked logs and he's not banned.

Post deleted but thats it.

**edit: please reference Johns post above as well**

He's getting the error message that his ip is banned. Also his posts were deleted. http://n0rp.chemlab.org/weaksauce.png

I need to know what his IP address is. I'll check into it, please have him email me [email protected] -- I'll look into it.

In addition, I do see a simple problem with his post... he says he "signed up just to call you out" -- Sounds to me like he signed up only to start trouble and not to contribute or even have a dialog. That's trolling.

If he wants to come back and lay out some proof and conduct himself on the site the way that we expect all users to conduct themselves I have no problem with it.

I find it sad that there are so much politics regarding ROMs when we are all on the same team. I have no loyalties or preferences to any ROM maker so to me it's all about keeping the peace and this place friendly.

We don't want any ROM flamewars and our policy and history trying to keep this place clean proves that.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
banned for flaming, doesn't matter who you are, that is policy.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep I'm sure they will, it's called censorship at it's finest.

No it's not. They aren't preventing him from saying anything. They are preventing him from saying it on their site. They own this place and have a right to determine what is acceptable and what is not. He can go to his own site and say anything he wants and so can anyone else. But if you are going to contribute here, it has to be by their rules.

OP
forkup

forkup

Reaction score
If you had worked on stuff like this for years and someone came along and took your stuff and claimed it for your own and didn't bother to credit the ones who wrote the source wouldn't you wanna jump on and have your say?

J

JohnDroid

If you had worked on stuff like this for years and someone came along and took your stuff and claimed it for your own and didn't bother to credit the ones who wrote the source wouldn't you wanna jump on and have your say?

Yes, I would. And there is a proper way to do it and a wrong way to do it.

Let me put this to you, I've been working on this site with my blood, sweat and tears for a long time too. Doesn't that give me the choice to try and keep this place clean and free from flamewars?

Do you think it's fair of Cyanogen is trying to incite a ton of people to come here to the site and troll and try to ruin this place for everyone else?

Is our work any less then his work?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys, we are looking into whatever claims you are making. We will post results soon. Just chill for a minute.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

One thing to go on to a Rom section just to flame. Another to start a tread in another section with proof of your work. IMO Cyanogen should have started a thread of his work and what he has done and allowed the people to see for themselves. Flaming does nothing but turn a forum into a slug fest.

OP
forkup

forkup

Reaction score
Kinda hard to do when your ip is banned. And with all the flames the past few days they pick cyanogen to ban?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
agreed, that does make it difficult. it is easy to get banned when you come here to start a fight though, he should have thought of that.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Cyanogen has every right to defend his hard work.... for those that don't know who he is.... do a google search... he is the reason we are all here.

If in fact he was banned, I think he should be contacted right away by an admin here and get it removed and sorted out. His claims are valid and I for one of many support honesty here.

DanDroid, you say it should have been handled in a different manner? I personally did this in the proper manner myself this morning... I just spoke with Miami and he is in fact going to take action to resolve this issue.

But banning cyanogen is a bad move.... it should be removed ASAP and a personal phone call or e-mail to him should be in order.

J

JohnDroid

Kinda hard to do when your ip is banned. And with all the flames the past few days they pick cyanogen to ban?

There have been, literally, hundreds banned. So please don't act like we are singling him out. He had one post, it was a flame post, to anyone that looks like trolling.

Secondly, I still have no email from him so the offer is out there. It's up to him if he wants to take advantage of it.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

no. you think we PICK someone to ban because of who they are? you should see the list of names we have banned today for flaming and starting fights. his name is in there for that reason. it's not that we have no love for him, it's that we have a policy.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cyanogen has every right to defend his hard work.... for those that don't know who he is.... do a google search... he is the reason we are all here.

If in fact he was banned, I think he should be contacted right away by an admin here and get it removed and sorted out. His claims are valid and I for one of many support honesty here.

DanDroid, you say it should have been handled in a different manner? I personally did this in the proper manner myself this morning... I just spoke with Miami and he is in fact going to take action to resolve this issue.

But banning cyanogen is a bad move.... it should be removed ASAP and a personal phone call or e-mail to him should be in order.

because he is important? we are not supposed to show partiality to any member, so why should he be different?

J

JohnDroid

Look guys, the issue here is very simple.

This site has done fine without cyanogen's participation.

He never deemed it necessary to join this site or post on this site before.

His first post was a flame. There is no way to tell if it was a troll or a fake account, but the rules were broken and his account was banned for breaking the rules.

This would have happened to anyone, regardless. Mod maker, regular joe or anyone else.

We would welcome him as a contributing member to this site, I'm sure he can provide valuable insight.

If he wants to get his IP unbanned and come make a post and lay out his case in his own thread, the same way we would ask anyone else to do, to participate in a calm and rational manner then he is welcome.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

He should take the time to calm down and then later provide proof, depending on how long his ban is.
And if you know the deal, instead of opening a bunch of threads complaining, why not open a thread that provides proof and info. You can open a thread and put all your work in it and not once mention another member and allow that to be the proof.
I think you just need to calm down and step away from the situation. After you regain your whits then you will be able to think with a clear head.
I have no loyalties to any dev or rom. I have tried them all and think they all have done a good job. My loyalties are to ONE and my family.
We all hare here for a common reason to make our droid user experience better.

Status
Not open for further replies.