News and Weather App Fail

SoDroid

Reaction score
Mine worked fine yesterday (6/16/10), as of this morning its a no go.

I'm running JRummy Kangerade, Cyan, 1.2 ULV Chevy, and am in Denver, CO.

OP
Sal

Sal

Reaction score
S
Alright, it's not a Froyo or Google issue. Palmary, the provider of the back end that the widget uses is under a DDoS attack.

Recent News

Note the most recent entry. Looks like those affected will just have to wait it out sadly.

Clicked that link. Not exactly sure what it means. But at least it's good to know something. Thanks! : )

deadernie

Reaction score
Today's forcast. . .lows in the network error, and highs in the try again laters. Tonight and tomorrow continued try again laters with a good chance of frustration.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just checked a co workers Droid, who has no idea what a rooted droid is, and hers does not work either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

misterSelf

Reaction score
Same issue as everyone, but I first noticed it with the Places Directory app (by Google). I originally thought it was because my Droid was rooted, but my wife (who also has a Droid, non-rooted) has the same issue.

gas34

Reaction score
same problem here in NY. hasnt worked since yesterday. Force refresh doesnt update any data.Its displaying old news. Also noticed since yesterday that my battery is at 70% after 14 hours on time. Usually its around 40-50%. Probably due to less network activity since the widget isnt updating.

Just my .02

It says that the network is down and to retry. Has for hours. I've tried force closing, clearing cache and rebooting. Nada. Ideas?

Last edited:

Ilene Dover

Reaction score
This is so strange. I just got my Droid Sat and the app hasn't worked for me at all, yet my husbands is. Strange!! He keeps telling me how cool it is and mine just says network error, try again later.:(

ursine1

Reaction score
Dead here too. Chicago. Since yesterday. Motorola Droid 2.1 non-rooted.

jaed569

Reaction score
Are you guys using Froyo? I downgraded back to 2.1 and it's working again. No idea what the issue was.

Luxferro

Reaction score
Mine stopped working yesterday, then on the way home from work when I got home, I noticed it was working. Today at work, I installed the new ADW, and redid my widgets cause I made my homescreen 5x5, and now it won''t connect to the servers again.

Maybe it will start working on my drive home again tonight.. Might be location based, or something.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dead in OK also. Rooted Froyo.

Mine doesnt give any kind of error message, and when i hit refresh it acts as if it is connecting, but no new news stories since yesterday.

lilcdroid

Reaction score
Mine just restored today. Chicago

PalmarySoft.com - Best Software for Palm OS, Windows Mobile and Android

We have the problem with web server under control now. We'd like to thank everyone for your support and offer to help.
Palmary Weather does not work because of DDoS attack to our web server. We are trying to find the way to fix the problem.

FYI ive ran it on Froyo for leak 1, leak 2, Team Chaos ROM, and Kangerade, and it just stopped working a couple days ago, and i just checked it an hour ago and nothing, now im up and running.