1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newly Rooted...now on 2.1

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by born2burn, Mar 24, 2010.

1. born2burn

born2burn New Member

Hi Guys,

I am not new to this forum, I have been reading all the posts from you guys for some time. Yesterday I decided it is time to take the big step... I rooted my droid and I am loving the 2.1 live wallpaper.

I just wanted to thank you all for keeping me on the edge. Everyday I kept on reading...one more rooted...damn I need to do it and so at last I did :).

Now since I am in the club, can anyone direct me to what should be my next step.

Thank you all again
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

:welcome: to the forum and congrats on your new supercharged droid :D

depending on what rom you put on....LET THE THEMING AND OVERCLOCKING BEGIN!!! :icon_ banana:Droid Themes - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

just look in any thread that has MM in it or Metamorph:D (you also will need to dl metamorph from the market) fun stuff :D

for overclocking get setcpu from the market :woot:
  3. crspang

crspang New Member

Be on the lookout for the flamers to get mad at you because you're somehow being uppity now that you're a root user.

I would suggest flashing a ROM with OCing ability to start. Then start theming.

Have Fun!
  4. pennypritty1

pennypritty1 New Member

;(

I'm not gonna flame ya but I AM jealous! :) my tech knowledge on the droid is still nil so I don't even know how to "root" to 2.1...

Nonetheless, congratulations. :)
  5. pennypritty1

pennypritty1 New Member

Sorry... my msg posted twice & wouldn't let me delete this one so ...sorry... :)
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010