Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Droid Nexus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mpit52

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm newish to the forum and haven't posted in a long time. I'm due for an upgrade in a few days for my work phone and am not sure which one to go. what do you guys suggest? I'm looking between the Droid Nexus and the Droid Razar.

please let me know what you guys think,
Thanks!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome back! And that is a very tough question to answer or try and help you with. Both are great phones, have their ups and downs, and have people who love or dislike them. Honestly the best thing to do it to go to your local VZW and check them out that way you know what feels good to you.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Agree with JSM. Getting some hands on time with each phone will help, and it'll give you the chance to check out other phones as well.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Agree with JSM and Dezy...hands on is the best to decide what is going to work for you...I have both devices and would purchase both devices again, each has pros / cons but in the end, they are nice devices...

OP
M

mpit52

Reaction score
Alright thanks for the help guys, i'll take a trip to Verizon to see whats up. Is there a compiled list of pro's and con's out there. I checked Cnet reviews but it wasn't much help. Does the Nexus have the long screen orientation lag as the reviews state or is this a settings that can be changed/fixed?

pinoy_92

Reaction score
its all about personal preference. if you want ICS now, go for gnex. if you want a sleek design and kevlar, go for razr.

Red Droid

Reaction score
Complete agreement with everyone, go to VZW and spend some time with each phone. Which one fits your hand better? Do you have a preference in OS skins like MotoBlur, HTCSense, Vanilla

I'm sure you're researching the forums for "What I like about this phone" posts and "Wow, this doesn't work at all" posts. Just be forewarned, ALL the 4G phone forums after the first couple of days to two weeks after a new model is introduced will start to see the "I'm dropping data", "Loosing 4G service", "Can't stay connected", "Battery life is terrible" threads. It isn't one brand or model, its seems to be true of ALL the current 4G phones. Hopefully the magic bullet will be found and all will be right with the data connection world again soon. Don't despair, we're all in the same boat and it will be fixed. New adopters always pay the price of development pains.