Newie with Questions ROMS SELECTION!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jblevins, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jblevins

jblevins New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    I currently have a droid 1 a855 and rooted by universal androot, i then proceeded to rom manager. Which is a good rom to use and to overclock??? my droid. My wifi does not work on this phone so if you have any answers for that as well plz share. It just turns on and off consistenly on its own and doesnt allow me time to even select a network. Thanks JBLEVINS

2. smoknjoe

smoknjoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I find my favorite ROM to be liquid frozen yogurt. Its fast, smooth, and comes with a great variatey of themes to download over top the ROM. Not to mention it comes over clocked at 1gz., plus additional kernels to download if you want to go faster. You can find this in rom manager or right here on Droid forums.net. there are plenty of helpful instructions on the forums, just look up liquid frozen yogurt, its up to version 1.71.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. Kendroid24

Kendroid24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will universal androot work on a d2?

4. smoknjoe

smoknjoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That I'm unfamiliar with, I thought you posted for a Droid 1?

5. smoknjoe

smoknjoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about that, I see it was a different post now

6. Kendroid24

Kendroid24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I should not have posted that here...

7. alonsou

alonsou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a question that has been asked hundreds of times and I'm pretty sure it will keep being ask for a long time,as long as we have new members :)... pretty much it all depends on your own taste...

I have flashed pretty much every single ROM available for the D1 ( you named [CM6,Ultimate Droid, BB, SS,Liquid,Sapphire,MIUI etc...]) out of all of them, the best for my phone has always been Ultimate Droid.

Many users will agree that not every phone response the same way to a particular ROM, in my case for example, I flashed Liquid a few weeks ago, and my phone just couldn't handle it, got super hot within 5 minutes and my battery from being at 80% it drop down to 20% in less than 10 minutes... so I just went back to what I was running before.

I know of a few users that can't work with UD, but will work fine on liquid.

Do some research, remember that trial and error will help you find the best ROM for you, but please do yourself a favor and avoid any headaches by always backing up your phone before installing any ROM/ Theme.... :icon_ banana: :)

8. jblevins

jblevins New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok now i need major help I go to install a rom and it restarts but then a yellow ! comes up in a triagle with a droid laying next to it....what does this mean? I cant nething now??? It wont even go into recovery mode....I rooted with androot should i have used something else...i run 2.2 froyo on a moto d1