Newest version of DoubleTwist supports wireless sync'ing

J

JohnDroid

doubletwist-airsync.jpg

If your like me then you are too lazy to constantly be plugging in your phone to your computers USB just to sync a few files. The ideal solution would be to just sit down at your desk and have your phone sync to the computer over the existing wireless connection. Well, DoubleTwist has finally added support for this and I'm excited.

If you've never heard of DoubleTwist it's a music/media management suite similar to iTunes but it's cross platform and supports a multitude of devices that iTunes won't support, namely Android. It makes drag and drop music management pretty easy and I highly recommend it.

To find out more, just click here: doubleTwist

(Source: Android Central)

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gahhhhh!
And it costs $1.99 to upgrade! :icon_evil:

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
It'd be ok if the syncing actually worked in the last version. Cant pay money for it without knowing it works.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gahhhhh!
And it costs $1.99 to upgrade! :icon_evil:

You gotta be kidding me. It's 2 bucks for crying out loud.

The $2 doesn't bother me. I just wish it would sync faster. I hope the Air Sync goes faster than USB. I had a lot of issues awhile back with this app on my D1 and was turned off from using it. Maybe I'll change my attitude this time around.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The $2 doesn't bother me. I just wish it would sync faster. I hope the Air Sync goes faster than USB. I had a lot of issues awhile back with this app on my D1 and was turned off from using it. Maybe I'll change my attitude this time around.

Yeah, I had some issues with it too. Some songs didn't come over, but I manually dropped them in. I think it has some duplicate songs too.

M Night Shyamalan

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6cw990NCy7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=6cw990NCy7Q[/video]

Sent from my FroShedYo.V6 using DroidForums App

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm airsyncing right now. So far my first sync is at the 5 minute mark. I have around 12GB of various media... So far so good.

Will update.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Ummm... This is taking longer than it should.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
First sync done after a restart. It took about 15 minutes. I will assume that syncs from here on out will take a fraction of that. I had to build a new music library too.

csphokie

Reaction score
Do you have to sync the entire library or are you able to pick and choose individual songs to sync?

Overall, do you think it is worth the purchase? Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have to sync the entire library or are you able to pick and choose individual songs to sync?

Overall, do you think it is worth the purchase? Thanks!

You don't sync the whole library if you don't want to. You can pick and choose.

Is it worth 2 bucks? That's cheaper then a beer,it's worth it just to find out if it works. My goodness Android people are so tight. Risk a dollar or two, help the devs out.

removement

Reaction score
It was worth the Buck. Your device shows up in doubletwist as a device in sidebar and you can just drag and drop songs on it to copy them to your device. You can also sync playlists and such.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stratjb

Reaction score
It was worth it to me just to be able to sync the iTunes playlist. It did take about an hour and a half to do the initial sync of about 6 GB. Haven't tried the subsequest sync with more songs added.