Newest Droid Batch Changes

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TekHawk, Jun 7, 2010.

1. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

Okay so just went with two friends to get them some Droid and root them ect thing I learned about the newest batch of Droids doing this

1. The new SD Cards do not mount in recovery this may or may not be fixed through formating the card on the PC I did not want to d*** with it long enough to try and just used my SD card to flash the files

2. Remember those lame little wires that are easy to jack up in your charge port yea they have a new charge port with a plastic stationary in it to prevent that from happening
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

See.....first the keyboard revision that got nixed, now this. Are they testing revisions for the Droid2, Droid Pro. Shadow/Xtreme? Using the current Droid as a test for future phones...lol

And 1. is gonna be a HUGE issue more ppl need to be aware of. That may be why some ppl have issues trying to use SP recovery and Clockwork.

Thanks for this info. May prove to be very valuable.
  3. zzapper0

zzapper0 New Member

Interestingly...I just installed SPRecovery and rooted a Droid that was purchased this weekend and found out that the SD card wasn't recognized.

I tried reflashing SPRecovery and reformatting the card from the phone but it wouldn't work. So I ended up installing Clockwork Recovery through Rom Manager instead and that worked fine. Just my experience. It was the first time I ever had an issue with SPRecovery.