Newest Android Malware Allows Hackers to Control Your Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AndroidEvilplus.jpg

There's a new malware program for Androids on the prowl, and it's a nasty one. The malware "app" is a trojan called "DroidKungFu" and it allows hackers a backdoor entrance to your handset. With access the hacker can get your personal data, but can also gain full remote control of your Android, to make your phone do anything they want. This is evil stuff to be sure! It was found by some North Carolina State University researchers buried in some apps on Chinese forums and third-party software sites. Here's a quick quote from the PhanDroid article with some good advice,
Researchers at North Carolina State University discovered the malware, which has gone undetected by mobile anti-virus software thus far. The good news is you can do a lot to prevent yourself from picking up the bad apps. There is no word they have hit the official Android Market yet, so keep an eye on what you are downloading and only download apps from trusted sources and you’re already off to a good start.
Stay vigilant!

Source: PhanDroid

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
man google really needs to have some sort of vetting process haha

ntrddragn

Reaction score
hmmm...can it text my boss and tell him he is an a*hole? i can then blame it for hacking my phone. LOL

note: dont download apps from chinese site! :)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
note: dont download apps from chinese site! :)

Exactly. When you turn on the option to install 3rd party apps, it says to make sure you trust the site before you install an app. You get what you get because of your stupidity IMO. Its not putting itself on your phone, you put it in there yourself. No one to blame but yourself.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
most ppl dont read or even know what that stuff means probably...

tb110895

Reaction score
I had to fix somebody's phone the other day because he claimed it was "controlling itself"
I never heard of any such thing so I figured he was just explaining it wrong. I guess he was right, and caught this downloading some apps. I better tell him to be careful and stop downloading from whatever site he's downloading from

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wow. for the last year or so people with broken digitizers and water damage asserted that a "hax0r is controlling my phone" when it was always something far more innocuous. but now it appears to be a real thing.