Newby Wants Advice on Next Purchase

WestofLeft

Reaction score
Hello to all! OK, in previewing my post, I see I have to apologize already: my carefully inserted HRt's have disappeared, and everything I wrote is in one undifferentiated mass of text, hard to read. O well. MY QUESTION: I currently have a Storm 2 (it was free) and VZW is my carrier, and the Storm has long since worn out the advantage of its free-ness. And its battery, which wasn't much to begin with. Recently the development of new phones that hit the streets has taken on a dizzying pace, and I want something I'll be happy with for at least two or three years. Maybe that's a fond hope. So. I'm considering a Droid, on Verizon, or possibly an iPhone, and would very much appreciate some help from users here as to what they love about the Droid and what they do or don't love about the iPhone. My thanks. Don.

laraefc

Reaction score
Not sure wat the truth to all of this is but i waz told by verizon that the biggest diff in the 2 phones are the app markets. Most everything on a android is free, user made apps. Iphone apps cost unless u use a light/demo version. That was the deal breaker for me. Also saw on the news that vzs is having alot of network problems with the iphone. I would google some reviews. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
So. I'm considering a Droid, on Verizon, or possibly an iPhone, and would very much appreciate some help from users here as to what they love about the Droid and what they do or don't love about the iPhone.
You need to provide your needs/wants rather than use the shotgun approach and polling every single person out there. What other people like or don't like isn't relevant unless your preferences happen to line up exactly with the people replying.

As with all of these threads, provide your criteria and priorities and you can get some meaningful responses. Otherwise, you're just going to get fanboys pushing their preferred device on you.

Not sure wat the truth to all of this is but i waz told by verizon that the biggest diff in the 2 phones are the app markets. Most everything on a android is free, user made apps. Iphone apps cost unless u use a light/demo version.
Android generally has more free apps but that's an overly broad generalization. Apple has plenty of good, free apps. Android has plenty of good pay apps.

There are many more differences than just the app stores. Again, the OP needs to provide priorities. Discussing items that aren't relevant is fairly pointless.

Last edited: