newby to smartphones

memoself

Reaction score
Hey! I'm a newby to smart phones and my first will be the droid. :icon_ banana:I know I'll have alot of questions, but my first it really stupid for people that already use smartphones.
When I buy my plan.....
1 My voice plan is just that right? Just to talk on the phone. Nothing more

2 Does email and web go hand in hand in the pricing?

3. Where does texting come in? In the voice part of paying or the email/web part?

So If I want to be able to call, text, send pics, check email, facebook, ebay, check my bank account and google this would be what plan or plans?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey there and welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here.

1. Yes and no, your voice plan, is your voice, and also messaging plan. (MMS and SMS)

2. Email and web are hand in hand, unless using WIFI it's all data access which is covered under the data access plans you have to get also.

3. There are two different options when picking out data plans, you can choose 1 that has just voice and pay by the text or you can add a text package later on with 500 ($5), 1000 ($10), or 1500 ($15) txts (SMS or MMS), and then there are the plans that have unlimited texting built into them. (Usually 20 more a month)

If you want all that in one you will be going with the select plan, which includes the unlimited texting, then you will also need to choose a data plan, which is kinda where i was confused at, because they offer the "Email and Web for Smartphone" and it says it's unlimited web, or the "Unlimited Data Plan" which i would imagine would cover such usage as downloading apps, and stuff to that nature. The "Email and Web for Smartphone" is 29.99 a month and the "Unlimited Data Plan" is 44.99 a month.

Last edited:
OP
M

memoself

Reaction score
So the the voice plan is voice .... and I can add text or pay by each text

and then if you want to email and surf thats another plan?? And then I choose how deep I want to go into each plan? I can choose 450 min of talk 500 text, with unlimited email and surf??? wait... the unlimited texting would be part of the voice plan for 20.00 more added to my voice plan? (hypatheticly... bad speller) well sorry, I've gotten myself more confused.

1 --- voice plan
2----- adding text a little more money that will be added to this plan

then another plan
1 email and web -- I choose how much I want to pay

is this it?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the the voice plan is voice .... and I can add text or pay by each text

and then if you want to email and surf thats another plan?? And then I choose how deep I want to go into each plan? I can choose 450 min of talk 500 text, with unlimited email and surf??? wait... the unlimited texting would be part of the voice plan for 20.00 more added to my voice plan? (hypatheticly... bad speller) well sorry, I've gotten myself more confused.

1 --- voice plan
2----- adding text a little more money that will be added to this plan

then another plan
1 email and web -- I choose how much I want to pay

is this it?

Look at it like this... Voice 1400 minutes family connect = 119.00
Data = $30.00
------------
$149.00
Plus you taxes and fees and what not. Hope this helps