Newby Needs Help w/ app downloads

ashx2

Reaction score
Need some help here folks.....I'm a bumble fingers to begin with but this Droid is blowing my mind. I got the Weatherbug downloaded, but how do I move it to my main screen?

This is my first smart phone of any type and it's gonna take some educating big time on my part. Glad you folks are here to lean on. :)

Thanks,
Greg

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Widgets require you to long press anywhere on the main screen...then a menu will pop up and select widgets and it should be there

If you just want the icon on the screen, just long press the icon in the app drawer and drag it up anywhere on the home screen

OP
A

ashx2

Reaction score
Got it Nate thanks! So are these icons referred to as widgets or is that something completely different?

Greg

Reks

Reaction score
Got it Nate thanks! So are these icons referred to as widgets or is that something completely different?

Greg

if it's just an icon to the program then it's just a shortcut, a widget generally has more features attached to it ie news ticker or weather display.

Staywide8

Reaction score
Widgets refer to icons that change on the screen. Regular icons wont change, they remain normal. Things like weatherbug update and change. Those are widgets.

Silver Member
Reaction score
there are icons, folders, shortcuts, direct links and widgets. all have a slightly different function.

- widgets have the most functionality and can take up large portions of your screen.
- folders allow you to organize icons, shortcuts and direct links
- shortcuts get you places quicker
- icons are direct links to apps
- direct links are methods of direct messaging or direct dialing contacts or other tasks

any item on your desktop can be long-pressed and dragged to the trash can. to add items from your app drawer, long press on them and the app drawer will move out of the way. release when you're at the desktop you want it at and it will remain there until you delete it.