docfixit

Reaction score
I am a former Blackberry user and so was my wife. I try to keep up with the latest technology for work and home. I switched her phone 4 months ago to a Droid X and now I have one. Still trying to get synced to my enterprize server for work. It doesn't seem to want to connect. Also, trying to figure out how to list the owner info on the opening screen. Having fun playing with it and looking at all the apps available for productivity use.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum - anything you need just ask :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a Droid so my experience may be different. Are you able to connect to the Enterprise server? If so, make sure the account settings are set to auto sync (tap menu, tap settings, tap accounts & sync and check auto sync).

My Droid does not have the owner screen so I am not able to comment. Check out the entire X section in the Forum. You will find a lot of useful information in the different sections. The FAQ section may answer the owner screen.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
D

docfixit

Reaction score
Not able to connect to the exchange server at all. That is what me and my IT tech are trying to work out. I tried using the TouvhDown app but to no avail.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Many who use Exchange feel that Touchdown is the best option. I use the corporate email app and have no issues with Exchange. Hopefully, the IT folks will be able to resolve. Keep us posted.
Mike

OP
D

docfixit

Reaction score
Finally got the droid synced with our exchange server. Had to have our domain folks add another domain name point to a specific IP address and then get the internet provider to open up the fire wall to allow communication to the exchange server and my IT person tweek the exchange program so it would communicate. Lots of stuff that I truly would not have figured out.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sounds like your IT folks are very customer service oriented. They spent some time on this.

Mike