cookiebelle47

Reaction score
hi, guys. i am so new to this it took me 30 minutes to find this place. i am about 2 or 3 generations too old for this business. i got a new samsung fascinate a few days ago and had no idea what it was until i started reading up on the computer. it is way too tricky for me. i had some ringtones sent to my phone, but now i can't get them out of my inbox so that i can use them. please have mercy on a little old granny and help me with some advice that i can understand. i'm afraid i'm in way over my head. thanks a lot.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
By far the sweetest intro thread I have ever read, not only do we like to help, but we also respect our elders :)

:welcome: to the Forum and Congrats on the Fascinate

Might I suggest Zedge (an application in the Market) for downloading free ringtones

I don't have a Samsung so I am not quite sure about retrieving files from your inbox, but I am sure someone will be able to help you

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you found and joined us. I have a Droid so my suggestion may not work.

Open the email that contains the ringtone. Do a long press (press and hold) on the attachment. A window should open that you can tap to save the attachment to your SD card. Typically, the default file is downloads. Once the ringtone is saved to your SD card you can move it to the media file which will allow you to use as a ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
C

cookiebelle47

Reaction score
hi, guys. thanks so much for the quick responses and bless your hearts. i think i'm off to a good start.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, and anything else we can do to help you along, just ask ;)

OP
C

cookiebelle47

Reaction score
i'm a happy camper now, guys. i have a bunch of wonderful ringtones now. my grandchidren will be very happy!