spliffany123

Reaction score
#1 I can't get my contact's new facebook pics to update in my people directory. i have gone to the online directory and refreshed. i've tried uninstalling FB, but i can only uninstall updates. i know i've done it once before and now i cant remember how i did it.
so all of my favorites have outdated FB pics and it drives me nuts

#2 stupid question....what is froyo?

#3 when the 2.2 comes out, how will i know if i have to update or not? and should i back up my phone somehow incase it screws things up?

Randyd718

Reaction score
kind of a newbie myself but i can shoot you some quick answers...

1. try going into menu> settings> accounts & sync> and making sure your facebook and google accounts are in there. Hitting sync all should make them work, or at least did for me. People kind of just started popping up for a few days

2. froyo is just the nickname for android 2.2

3. you can head into menu> settings> about phone> software information to see what version of the android firmware you have. backing up pretty much requires rooting your phone. easy but you might not wanna do it if youre a real newbie. wait for another response on this if you want more details

OP
S

spliffany123

Reaction score
thanks that's a huge help. except the FB thing. i just can't seem to get the pics of people to update.

i feel live i've tried everything.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
i feel live i've tried everything.
Have you tried (while signed into your FB account) simply hitting the sync option, mine seems to update FB pics when I am not even looking, it has to be something simple

OP
S

spliffany123

Reaction score
if i open up FB i dont actually have a sync option. i do have a refresh option but i think that just refreshes the app.

you know how there is a favorites widget and you cant put whomever in there? well those pics are not updating. nor is it updating withen i go into people.

what IS updating is if i go into people > online directories > Facebook

but wtf good is that?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Get to your settings in the FB app, scroll to bottom and select sync contacts

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I meant the sync in the Power Widget/System Sync, it syncs all of your accounts, Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc...

OP
S

spliffany123

Reaction score
i think i have the wrong FB app. if i go into my FB settings i dont see a sync contacts option.

if i go to menu > settings > accts and sync....everything says it syncs, sure....but pics dont update

tried to sign out through friendstream, that doesnt work. now friendstream is actually force closing on me. tried to sign out and back in through FB app. that doesnt work either. awesome