Andrea

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello! I'm Andrea. I purchased a Motorola Droid in July! I love my phone minus a few things that are happening on it. That's why I'm here...to hopefully get some answers to my questions. :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well first off, Welcome to the Forum...what kind of issues are you experiencing?

OP
A

Andrea

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm having issues with my email. When I receive an email I get a notification. Great! So I open it up and read it, sometimes delete it, but then that very same email might show up that very same day again or another day along with several other emails that I had already deleted. How can I change this so I only have to delete the message once?
Another issue I have sometimes is my screen freezing. It doesn't happen very often, however it happened today. A friend was calling me and I absolutely could not answer my call. So I had to let it ring. I'm not sure why it was doing that. But then my phone worked fine after the call. Weird.
Also, (I'm starting to sound like a complainer!) if I'm texting back and forth with someone I don't always get a notification sound and the screen won't turn on so I know I have received a text back. Is there something in my settings I need to do? I downloaded Handcent SMS and have been using that.

Okay, I'm going to stop complaining now. If you can help me in any way, that would be great!!!! :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are using the Stock Email app, I can agree it is not put together good at all, I know most people who count on an email server other than Gmail use K9 email client it is in the Market, search K9

As far as your screen freezing, this happens to the best of us every now and then, pay attention and see if there is a pattern to it, maybe it is only when your phone rings, or when your phone rings while you were browsing the web...that might help to narrow down the possibilities

The sms notifications might be a setting within handcent (there are so many) did you have this problem before installing Handcent or maybe it came after a recent Handcent update...best way to find out is to uninstall it and text with a friend using the stock messaging app and see if the problem persists, if not than you know it is a Handcent issue

Sometimes an uninstall/reinstall of an app works out any bugs you might be experiencing...reinstall Handcent and text with a friend again if your problem continues Post Back with the details