Big Jon

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just got the Moto Droid love the phone and having a few complications compared to work phone treo.

Bluetooth-can't seem to send contacts via BT.
Getting rid of some apps on second screen.

I am looking to learn lots here.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to transfer contacts via Bluetooth.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, Big Jon! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here! There was a new guy just yesterday (I think) by the screen name of BiggJonn - do you have a twin? - or a clone?

:welcome:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Big Jon! Big Bad Jon! Sorry, I get that a lot...haha!

Welcome aboard!

I have to agree with hookbill on the bluetooth issue unfortunately. However, you CAN log in to your gmail account and create an export of your contacts from your Droid if you have sync enabled in Accounts/sync (it's enabled by default). I believe you can also import contacts there as well, but if nothing else, it's easier to input contacts in the computer on your gmail account if you have a long list to add.

Hope that helps a little!

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score
Welcome, Big Jon! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Hope you enjoy your time here! There was a new guy just yesterday (I think) by the screen name of BiggJonn - do you have a twin? - or a clone?

:welcome:
Not that I know of

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score

Welcome aboard!

I have to agree with hookbill on the bluetooth issue unfortunately. However, you CAN log in to your gmail account and create an export of your contacts from your Droid if you have sync enabled in Accounts/sync (it's enabled by default). I believe you can also import contacts there as well, but if nothing else, it's easier to input contacts in the computer on your gmail account if you have a long list to add.

6'7" 280 lbs...so do I

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score

Welcome aboard!

6'7" 280 lbs...so do I
yep got em sync'd no problem there just trying to see if i was missing something, able to do with other phones

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just got the Moto Droid love the phone and having a few complications compared to work phone treo.

Welcome! What apps are you unable to remove on the second screen. Typically, just long press until you fill the vibration then drag the apps icon to the trash can in the middle of your screen.

Mike

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score
Hello all,

Welcome! What apps are you unable to remove on the second screen. Typically, just long press until you fill the vibration then drag the apps icon to the trash can in the middle of your screen.

Mike
If I press to long it auto throws icon (goggle goggles) to main page, leaving original on second after I trash it on main

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not experienced that issue. As soon as you feel the vibration begin dragging the icon to the trash can. Are you having the same issue with other apps or just google goggles?

Mike

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score
Not experienced that issue. As soon as you feel the vibration begin dragging the icon to the trash can. Are you having the same issue with other apps or just google goggles?

Mike
all apps do the same

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted so I have 5 screens. I did a long pressed on one app on all 5 screens and am not able to duplicate your issue. I noticed that as soon as I feel the vibration my app drawer displays the trash can. Does your phone do that?

Mike

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score

Mike
I may be saying this wrong, again newbie here... The second screen i am talking about is the (tab/slide screen) at bottom/side that show the rest of the apps. Is there anyway to delete off of that screen?

Also what is rooted?

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, I misunderstood. Now I understand your issue. The tab you are referring to is your app drawer. It opens a window that displays all of your apps. When you open the drawer and tap an app it moves a copy of the app (icon) to the home screen you were on.

The only way that I know to remove an app from the drawer is to uninstall the app.

To uninstall tap menu (second soft key left of the home key on bottom of phone), tap settings, tap applications, tap manage applications, tap the app you want to uninstall and tap uninstall. Please use caution. I'm not positive that all of the stock apps can be found in the market to reinstall.

Rooting is hacking the phone and using SU (super user) permissions to install different OS from several developers. While rooting invalidates your warranty it provides lots of options 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering to name a few. If you are interested I suggest that you go to the Hacking section of the forum and begin reading.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
Big Jon

Big Jon

Reaction score
Oh, I misunderstood. Now I understand your issue. The tab you are referring to is your app drawer. It opens a window that displays all of your apps. When you open the drawer and tap an app it moves a copy of the app (icon) to the home screen you were on.

The only way that I know to remove an app from the drawer is to uninstall the app.

To uninstall tap menu (second soft key left of the home key on bottom of phone), tap settings, tap applications, tap manage applications, tap the app you want to uninstall and tap uninstall. Please use caution. I'm not positive that all of the stock apps can be found in the market to reinstall.

Rooting is hacking the phone and using SU (super user) permissions to install different OS from several developers. While rooting invalidates your warranty it provides lots of options 5 to 7 screens, wifi tethering to name a few. If you are interested I suggest that you go to the Hacking section of the forum and begin reading.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Thanks "all" for all the help. Much appreciated and as I learn more I will sure and pass on as you have.

Thanks again

Big Jon