Newbie!

goldberg1701

Reaction score
New guy here with a Droid 2. Had it about a year, started having some issues the past couple days with it freezing while typing. Used the search and found someone else who is having very similar poblems, so I'll be keeping tabs on that.

Other than that, I'm 30, been in the Army for almost 10 years, am married, and just welcomed our first kid into the world on Oct 12.

Have a good one, everyone!

Patrick

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums:) I don't have a D2 but if you're having problems that are creeping up on you, you could try a factory reset. If you're rooted, you can try clearing cache and dalvik cache in recovery.

sent from my liberated bionic using Droid forums

OP
G

goldberg1701

Reaction score
Those sound like great ideas. Not a clue on how to do any of them, though...lol. Looks like more research may be in the works... Don't even know what rooted means. :blink:

Welcome to the forums:) I don't have a D2 but if you're having problems that are creeping up on you, you could try a factory reset. If you're rooted, you can try clearing cache and dalvik cache in recovery.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! Congrats on the new baby and I wish you your new family the best of luck!!

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you dont know how to root, that's ok. To do a factory reset, go into your settings, then go to privacy. You will loose everything though and have to set your phone back up again but your phone "will" be faster than what it was before.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! if u factory reset, just be sure u have backed up whatever files and apps u need later. congrats on the bundle of joy

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new little one. dancedroid

OP
G

goldberg1701

Reaction score
Thanks, all! The little one is doing pretty well...my wife can barely keep up with all the feedings!

As for the phone, I tweaked a couple settings in the keyboard section, seems to be working for now. Hopefully stays that way!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums