OP
M

MrsHtoo

Reaction score
HI, are you ready? here we go ....bought what i assume to be a droid tablet second hand from son in law to play games on and such...don't know how to update it, why it refers to itself as a phone, how to switch all the apps to the sd card instead of the internal memory (3g)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

And I am confused as to how you are not sure if it is an android tablet. Can you see a brand name or a model number anywhere on it?

OP
M

MrsHtoo

Reaction score
When I turn it on it's disPlays android, the case is silverplastic and the face is some kind of brushed metal....no brand name or model number

OP
M

MrsHtoo

Reaction score
Nope, the model # is rk2818sdk, firmware ver 2.1 update 1-1.0.0

OP
M

MrsHtoo

Reaction score
Keep in mind i'ma n apple girl , like my phone, like my future pad, , not dumb as a box of rocks , but still need some 'splainin', so be gentle....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Nope, the model # is rk2818sdk, firmware ver 2.1 update 1-1.0.0

Well I personally don't have a tablet, but you may want to check out one of our sister sites: androidtablets.net, someone over there may be able to assist you better. I have no experience with tablets :(

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
HI, are you ready? here we go ....bought what i assume to be a droid tablet second hand from son in law to play games on and such...don't know how to update it, why it refers to itself as a phone, how to switch all the apps to the sd card instead of the internal memory (3g)

Try hitting the menu button then select settings, scroll to the bottom and select about phone/tablet. If you can get that far, tell us what it says. We may be able to tell what tablet it is from that and about possible updates.

To move apps, and not all can be moved, go to settings/applications/manage applications, select the app and it will take you to options to move it to the sd.

Btw, Welcome to the forum.

Tapped from an Umbrickable DROID

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...also a picture may help, but the settings menu should reveal a lot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
M

MrsHtoo

Reaction score
Can't get nothing off of it now, the battery just died, won't keep a charge but about an hour or so, i know , i know, you don't have to say it, my husbands already said it.....

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Look like this
[video=youtube;ju86k7yP2-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju86k7yP2-o&sns=em[/video]

Tapped from an Umbrickable DROID