Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by DroidX916562, Jun 2, 2011.

1. DroidX916562

DroidX916562 New Member

Help! I am a Newbie to this whole "boot/ hacked" thing. I need What ROMs do u all recommend ? how do u use them? I booted my droid and I am so confused.

my ultimate goal is to be able to get the newest OS version booted GB 3.2.2

2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

What phone do you have? I know your screen name is DroidX, but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

What exactly have you done? You said you have booted the phone. You rooted and bootstrapped it (assuming you are talking about the DX), just rooted, or do you mean something completely different?

As for what ROM, that is a personal opinion. Each one offers different options, themes, and features. 50 different people could come in here, and you could see 10 different answers with 5 votes for each. Although since you want a 2.3 ROM, depending on phone you may not have a ton of choices.

As for how to use them, generally speaking you download them in update.zip format. Put them on your sd-card somewhere, reboot into recovery, and install the ROM. There are more steps you may need to do, like say making a backup in recovery and possibly wiping. Completely generalizing the process and there could be more to it depending on what phone you have and what you have done to it so far.