jonweindel45

Reaction score
Hello,

jonweindel45 here. I've had this Droid X for a while actually, but I've never really went in depth with the phone, still actually a noob at this stuff. I was actually wondering how does a person know if they have a bug in their system. What I mean is my phone randomly turns off, sometimes the system gets backlogged or something it takes forever for some of the applications to load and/or get back to the home screen, when I call people, and sometimes it will take it a couple of minutes to even call that person.

I'm not sure if this is just the true nature of the phone or if I need to get it fixed. I've had it since November and I love the phone, I just get frustrated with it sometimes.

Also, to be extra needy I deleted a beautiful widget that had the clock on my front screen. Does anyone know how to get that thing back up there. I read some of the other posts, but everyone has a different phone. Any help would be excellenta!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. I think first ppl will ask is if ur rooted and if u installed new ROMs? if not, have u cleared/wiped cache, history, etc? lots of emails can slow it down of u don't clear/delete everything. or have u tried to do a factory reset? as for bugs/viruses, I doubt there maybe one but nowadays u never know huh. hmmm what else....

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
J

jonweindel45

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am not technical enough with this droid enough to be rooted or to install roms. Let me ask you though, what is the benefit of doing these things? Anyways, all I really do with my droid is check email, baseball scores, and listen to pandora sometimes, I know, I'm lame, but I actually haven't even figured out the benefit of having this phone that costs so much, and makes my bill a lot higher. Lol, is u have any suggestions on how I could, that would be great!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am not technical enough with this droid enough to be rooted or to install roms. Let me ask you though, what is the benefit of doing these things? Anyways, all I really do with my droid is check email, baseball scores, and listen to pandora sometimes, I know, I'm lame, but I actually haven't even figured out the benefit of having this phone that costs so much, and makes my bill a lot higher. Lol, is u have any suggestions on how I could, that would be great!

well for one, root gives u the freedom of being in control of ur device. some don't like bloatware but to remove/freeze them u need root. ppl like to customize their devices by changing the ROMs to make it look" pretty" ... lol
others for tethering but carriers are blocking the apps. so many pluses to it but u also don't need to root to customize. many apps out there that can do its job but to its limits of course. and I understand about the billing, everything on the plans are added features just about. but it comes with upgrades and what consumers want right? they want bigger, so they go bigger. they want dual processors, so they built dual processors. and it goes on. but if ur using it to just browse the web, check emails, make calls and texts, that's good enough for ur smart phone. try Launcher Pro or Go Launcher to spruce up ur home screen a bit. u don't need to be tech savvy and its never a lame question when someone is asking for advice. so ur drawn here cause this is the place to be. and the community is always here to assist u

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
J

jonweindel45

Reaction score
I appreciate it Hawaiian. Thanks for the comfort.......I actually learned about the device a lot more today. There are so many apps.......i actually uninstalled my task killer b/c I learned that the Android device already shuts down tasks automatically....I'm not sure I will root...I know it's hard to do, but I'm afraid I will brick the phone.....but....I love the phone...I use it all day everyday....thanks for the help!