Newbie with just a couple questions

Droidfish

Reaction score
Very nice prowler, funny how awesome we thought this phone was before(which it really was) but what makes it truly awesome is the ability to unleash this beast and do basically anything you want to it.

See ya round the hack forums :D

bolden88

Reaction score
Same hello and question

I am looking to do the same thing, PDAnet. Am I better off waiting a couple days to get comfortable and then root it? After I root is it easier to hook into the my computer or do I still need PDAnet?

I am gettting my Droid tomorrow. I have waited for my contract to be due for SO long.

OK, supposed to be a new user hello forum. Heard so much about the endless features. I used to be much more savvy but age and time away from geekhood has left me questioning my abilities. I am also and engineer so I like to figure things out. Except I have no patience. I hope the directions on rooting are straight forward. I look forward to getting the Droid and going to town. I will watch the how to video's tonight. Are all rooting programs the same or is there one in particular I should load? Where do I get them?

Thanks

Droidfish

Reaction score
I would definitely take some time to get acquainted with the phone and the android market, at least get a feel of the setup that suits you before rooting.how long that takes is up to you.

when you're ready just read up.you can getstarted by reading all the sticky threads in the hacks section of droidforums. read read read and you'll encounter plenty of awesome and useful apps along the way.

once you got it you'll be happy to find connecting via wifi tether is as easy as tapping you're screen, no cords involved