1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newbie with gmail and yahoo issue

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by shand617, Dec 4, 2009.

1. shand617

shand617 New Member

Got my Droid yesterday and I have a few questions.
    1. Is there a way to delete your gmail mails just from the Droid without removing them from my computer?

2. Is there a way to just receive the emails from my inbox on Yahoo, because I am now receiving everything including my Spam folder?

3. Is there a way to delete multiple emails or do I have to delete each individually?

Thanks
  2. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

1. Not sure, but I think no. You may be able to accomplish a sleeker (or more private, if that's what you're looking for) look by using folders
    2. Posssibly with Yahoo Plus. No go with free yahoo.
    3. Yep. Click the checkbox on the left of each email then select an action. (delete, mark read, mark unread etc)
  3. Donkey Hodie

Donkey Hodie New Member

Yes, it's one of the options on google mail when you set up pop/imap.
  4. shand617

shand617 New Member

My account was already set up. Is there a way to do it now. To remove my gmail account and start over means going back to factory default
  5. shand617

shand617 New Member

I have Yahoo Plus how do I get it to work so I only get mail from my inbox not spam
  6. tbever

tbever New Member

If you setup your Yahoo account on the Droid for IMAP access rather than POP access it should keep your inbox clean. Google it for instructions as they have been posted.
  7. sgiachino@pacbell.net

sgiachino@pacbell.net New Member

I think my question is similiar. I have a yahoo plus account and previously was using the imap settings given by Verizon since I got my phone 11/6. Recently it stopped working. So I called and they had me delete and put in as a pop3 account w.yahoo's standard settings. It worked, except I get "connection error" sometimes, and I also don't get notification on new emails unless I go into the account. It also doesn't know what emails have been read like it used to? Help Please, I love the phone but this is a huge problem. Also wi-fi is turned off?
  8. thelion

thelion New Member

Go to your gmail account on your computer (not your phone) and go to settings. Under Forwarding POP/IMAP go to POP Download and #2 pick the option that serves you best. I archive.