Newbie with a very basic ringtone question

ronsch

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to matter what ringtone I use. The phone always has to tell me it's "verizon wireless" before using the ringtone when a call comes in. Does the same at the end of the ringtone if I don't pick up the call. How do I get rid of the "verizon wireless" announcement?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Are you getting the ringtones through VZ or are you making them yourself? If they are from VZ them make them yourself. If they are from ones you made from a song, there has to be a setting that you can change. Someone with an M will have to chime in with more details on the latter.

OP
R

ronsch

Reaction score
Are you getting the ringtones through VZ or are you making them yourself? If they are from VZ them make them yourself. If they are from ones you made from a song, there has to be a setting that you can change. Someone with an M will have to chime in with more details on the latter.

This happens with a stock Droid ringtone and also one I downloaded from Zedge.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Double check your ringtone settings to make sure that you have everything set right. I have a few notification tones I downloaded from Zedge and none of them have that added to it. Maybe try downloading a ringtone making app and make one yourself from your own MP3 file.

OP
R

ronsch

Reaction score
Double check your ringtone settings to make sure that you have everything set right. I have a few notification tones I downloaded from Zedge and none of them have that added to it. Maybe try downloading a ringtone making app and make one yourself from your own MP3 file.

That was it! I had Roaming Notification turned on. It was just letting me know that I was on the Verizon network.