1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newbie with a very basic ringtone question

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by ronsch, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ronsch

ronsch New Member

It doesn't seem to matter what ringtone I use. The phone always has to tell me it's "verizon wireless" before using the ringtone when a call comes in. Does the same at the end of the ringtone if I don't pick up the call. How do I get rid of the "verizon wireless" announcement?
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Are you getting the ringtones through VZ or are you making them yourself? If they are from VZ them make them yourself. If they are from ones you made from a song, there has to be a setting that you can change. Someone with an M will have to chime in with more details on the latter.
  3. ronsch

ronsch New Member

This happens with a stock Droid ringtone and also one I downloaded from Zedge.
  4. LoudRam

Double check your ringtone settings to make sure that you have everything set right. I have a few notification tones I downloaded from Zedge and none of them have that added to it. Maybe try downloading a ringtone making app and make one yourself from your own MP3 file.
  5. ronsch

ronsch New Member

That was it! I had Roaming Notification turned on. It was just letting me know that I was on the Verizon network.
  6. LoudRam

Glad you got it figured out.
Search tags for this page

basic ringtones for android