Newbie with a question

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fralrm, Feb 25, 2010.

1. fralrm

fralrm New Member

Hi all

I have had my Droid now for a couple of weeks and love it. I do have a question that my store cannot figure out or a Verizon tech either.
    When I go to "car home" and touch "voice search", I used to be able to say for example " Pizza Hut" and it would bring up a local Hut. It would then let me choose a location. It would then say "get directions". Then it would give me a couple of options, using Google maps or (browser,Nav). Not sure because I checked the box to choose one for permanent use. Now it just pinpoints it on a map,and does not give me the option to navigate to it. Has anyone ever done this or know how to reverse it without wiping the phone. I know I can say "navigate to" a certain location, but I liked it the other way. Any help would be great. Sorry about the long question.
    thanks
  2. fralrm

fralrm New Member

Any Ideas??
  3. andrewdoane

andrewdoane New Member

You have to tap on the name of the establishment. Where it pinpoints "Pizza Hut," click on the "Pizza Hut" balloon and it will bring up a list of options, including "Navigate."

Does that answer your question?
  4. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

Okay, I can't duplicate your methods to a T, it just won't work for me.

But this is what I was able to figure out:

Car Home -> Navigation/Map -> Settings -> Search -> Press Voice Search Key -> Speak your desired w/e. The pins pop up on the map. Push the pin you want to navigate to, then press the Navigate Key a few options down.

I'm not sure if this is how it did/does work for you, but this is the best I think I've been able to come up with at this point.