Newbie wants to install Froyo

king72a

Reaction score
So I've rooted my fascinate and now want to install Froyo. I see some files posted on a thread by TAPOUT27 that have Stock, Debloated and Superclean packages with root and Clockworkmod. Obviously the Stock and Debloated ones are self explanatory. But can somebody please explain or point me to the explanation of what the superclean packages are?

Also since Ive already rooted and installed clockworkmod (red) will these packages still work for my phone?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I've rooted my fascinate and now want to install Froyo. I see some files posted on a thread by TAPOUT27 that have Stock, Debloated and Superclean packages with root and Clockworkmod. Obviously the Stock and Debloated ones are self explanatory. But can somebody please explain or point me to the explanation of what the superclean packages are?

Also since Ive already rooted and installed clockworkmod (red) will these packages still work for my phone?

Superclean is a much cleaner more stable and faster version....it is stripped of the TouchWiz garbage....Def give it a try

And yes they will work

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

You have the new cwm all installed? You don't need the package. On this board you'll find my thread that has updated cwm and superclean roms. Just download superclean 2.9.2 to your sd card and flash through cwm. Just make sure you back all your stuff up because you should wipe data, cache partition and dalvik cache in cwm since you're coming from eclair. then install the sc2.9.2 zip file and reboot.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

ziggy484

Reaction score

You have the new cwm all installed? You don't need the package. On this board you'll find my thread that has updated cwm and superclean roms. Just download superclean 2.9.2 to your sd card and flash through cwm. Just make sure you back all your stuff up because you should wipe data, cache partition and dalvik cache in cwm since you're coming from eclair. then install the sc2.9.2 zip file and reboot.

some people prefer the odin method, especially when new at this stuff

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate

ziggy484

Reaction score

Look at the superclean thread here in the development section... adrynalyne did a great writeup on it right on the first post

sent from a Superclean, Honeycomb, Voodoo Fascinate

OP
K

king72a

Reaction score
Reply to hecantbreathe

Ive used the cwm-recovery-all-3-30-fix.tar file. CWM voodo lagfix recovery v2.5.1x. Also had to use DJ05_DL09_kernel.zip because i could only enter cwm once after installing with odin. Im assuming this is the correct one.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Reply to hecantbreathe

Ive used the cwm-recovery-all-3-30-fix.tar file. CWM voodo lagfix recovery v2.5.1x. Also had to use DJ05_DL09_kernel.zip because i could only enter cwm once after installing with odin. Im assuming this is the correct one.

That's the correct cwm.

OP
K

king72a

Reaction score
OK. Thanks guys for the info. I will give it a shot when I have find the time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
K

king72a

Reaction score
I need a little help. Im ready to install superclean 2.9. I'd install 2.9.2 but it's been pulled from the post here on the forum. Anyway, Ive just finished a CWM backup of my phone. After it backed up the system, data and database it says "No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage". It finished backing up cache, sd-ext and generated md5 sum. Also says backup complete. I was wondering if this was error or not and if so how to fix it.