1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newbie Upgrade Strategy: Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Jmoore1701, May 18, 2012.

1. Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701 Member

OK, I have the OG Droid X with unlimited data, and I have an upgrade...I want to upgrade to a 4G phone, but I want the newest phone I can get while keeping my unlimited plan. I'm trying to hold out for the rumored Razr HD (because of the rumored 4.7" screen and the rumored ICS)...but it LIKELY won't be out before Verizon switches to shared data plans. However, I'll be happy with the Razr Maxx, especially now that they've dropped the price.
    So, my strategy is this: wait until a few days before VZ starts the shared data plan, then buy the Razr Maxx. That way I keep my grandfathered unlimited plan for 2 more years. AND, if the Razr HD or Fighter or Samsung SIII comes out within 14 days of me buying the Maxx, I'll swap up to the new phone and be happy. If not, I'll stay with the Maxx and be happy.
    I know, I know: Verizon will wait until more than 14 days after starting the shared data plan, to sell any new phones. Eh! Either way, I'll have a new phone and be happy with it.
    Anyone see any flaws in my "brilliant" plan?
    :blink:
  2. Slider11

Slider11 New Member

I don't really know anything about this.. in fact I would like to know if anyone had an estimate on when the shared data plans come into play? I'm in the same situation as you here.
  3. electricman58

electricman58 New Member

Lol! Great plan!!! The Razor's a nice phone! I really don't see phones getting that much better in the next 2 years IMO.
    To get them that much better than they are today (Battery) technologies have to keep up to power them!
    Look how slow thats been over the years!
    So Yea, good to go for 2. ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums