Newbie Upgrade Strategy: Thoughts?

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
OK, I have the OG Droid X with unlimited data, and I have an upgrade...I want to upgrade to a 4G phone, but I want the newest phone I can get while keeping my unlimited plan. I'm trying to hold out for the rumored Razr HD (because of the rumored 4.7" screen and the rumored ICS)...but it LIKELY won't be out before Verizon switches to shared data plans. However, I'll be happy with the Razr Maxx, especially now that they've dropped the price.
So, my strategy is this: wait until a few days before VZ starts the shared data plan, then buy the Razr Maxx. That way I keep my grandfathered unlimited plan for 2 more years. AND, if the Razr HD or Fighter or Samsung SIII comes out within 14 days of me buying the Maxx, I'll swap up to the new phone and be happy. If not, I'll stay with the Maxx and be happy.
I know, I know: Verizon will wait until more than 14 days after starting the shared data plan, to sell any new phones. Eh! Either way, I'll have a new phone and be happy with it.
Anyone see any flaws in my "brilliant" plan?
:blink:

Slider11

Reaction score
I don't really know anything about this.. in fact I would like to know if anyone had an estimate on when the shared data plans come into play? I'm in the same situation as you here.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Lol! Great plan!!! The Razor's a nice phone! I really don't see phones getting that much better in the next 2 years IMO.
To get them that much better than they are today (Battery) technologies have to keep up to power them!
Look how slow thats been over the years!
So Yea, good to go for 2. ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums