Newbie Upgrade Question

ronnieg56

Reaction score
I just went to this VZW Droid from my Blackberry 6930.

On the BB whenever there were upgrades available to anything a visual sign would show on the home screen showing me so. Also there was an option for Over The Air Programming if there were any OS upgrades avaible. I could always check that option to see if there were any.

Where would I see these notifications on the Droid? Where would it show if anything on the phone had an upgrade available from the Apps to the OS?

Is there a place to look to see if anything has an upgrade available?

Thank you.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
For apps there will eventually be a notification on the screen but for me sometimes it takes a while. If you open your market and hit the menu button then select my apps it will show any that have an available update.

For system or ota updates you will get a prompt on the screen. Now I'm not familiar with the charge but for my phone to check for updates I can go into settings, about phone, and click on system updates to check for one.

Hope this helps!!

Sent from my DROID2

Beka27

Reaction score
My app notifications only show up once I go into the Market. I actually prefer this over automatic because I can choose when to DL. They used to show up at random times and it drove me nuts.

On the DX, OTA updates are obtained thru: Menu > Settings> About Phone > System Updates. I don't have a Charge, but I'm guessing it's a similar path. Best thing to do is spend some time going thru settings and seeing what's where.