Newbie to Droid Forums.net

vwil103

Reaction score
I am thankful that I found a forum to discuss my DROID Razr. I've had the phone almost 1.5 years and have loved every moment of ownership up to the last 60 days. I have experience some issues and have not had much success with technical support in the Verizon Wireless store near me so I thought I'd seek support from who better than, other DROID Razr users. Recommendations are welcomed!

Issue: Phone began to overheat and does not hold charge. Brought to Verizon Wireless who stated it is a "known" problem and the phone will have to be replaced. Technician "backup" my phone contacts and pictures; told me I only needed to move the SIM card to the new phone and "Import" to my new phone when it arrived. I inquired if the phone I receive will be new or refurbished? I was told it was possible I may get a refurbished phone. I should have inquired more about this potential refurbished phone as the one I received has the SAME issues as the one I sent back to Verizon Wireless. Additionally, when I "imported" my back up contacts and pictures, they were not there. :mad:

Took phone back to Verizon Wireless, sent email to store management, no apology, no recommendations. I was told I am "eligible" to get another phone at a discounted rate in 6 months when my contract expires.

To me this screams extremely poor customer service and shipping products with "known" issues to customer is unethical.

BTW. I was able to save about 75% of the contacts because of my gmail account. Any recommendations?

Frustrated in Bowie, MD

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Vwil103 welcome to the forums. Refurbs are a crap shoot, all Verizon employees should be forced to advise people of that fact. Their quality control sucks. Some of this is the consumers own doing, people root their phones and screw them up and send them back. Power users are not happy that their batteries don't last a week and send them back.

As far as backing up and transferring it, that is a crap shoot too, I have contacts that "expand" and contacts that "condense", sometime all goes well. Ooh well.

Welcome again.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

I would call into customer service and request another device and keep requesting until you get a device that is functional & you are satisfied with.

As for your contacts - I am not much help there, I always rely on my Google account and so far, so good...I never back up to my SIM or SD card...

OP
V

vwil103

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments and recommendations....while I don't look forward to it, I agree, the best course of action at this time, is to keep sending the phone(s) back until I get one that works. It is dis-heartening that Verizon Wireless products and techs are not "fixed" when an issue is identified; rather they are passed from customer to customer without regard to fixing the problems since it would cost $$$. :blink: