Newbie questions

Pepsicat

Reaction score
Hi, I used this site to research when deciding on my Veirzon upgrade. Decided to get Fascinate. It's coming tomorrow from Amazon Wireless.

Once the Fascinate is activated, what access will I have to media on my Blackberry Storm? I have a lot of photos on it, as well as music, ringtones, etc., but I don't have the cord to plug it into my pc to use Desktop Manager. Do I have to do that before I activate the new phone?

What from the Storm will transfer? saved voicemail? contact list? photos?

I've read you should charge the battery for 8 hours before using. Is that true?

Thanks!

aDroidman

Reaction score
If you go to a Verizon store they don't charge for 8 hours. Also out of the box it depends on if you synced your contacts from your BB to your gmail. All your pictures and such will have to be moved via some cord or web site, they are saved to your phone not your gmail account

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

aDroidman

Reaction score
Also you do not have to do it before you activate your new phone and I am not sure if voicemail carries over sorry.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
P

Pepsicat

Reaction score
Thanks. I did something with the gmail account recently that made a whole bunch of my gmail contacts e-mails show up on my phone's contact list. I was looking at the option of making two contact lists...one business and one general. I love Google. Can't wait to take advantage of ll it has to offer on the Fascinate. Have no plans of using the Bing that come on it:(