Newbie question's

Rkroberts.rr

Reaction score
Hey what's up I am new to all of this. Don't hate me but can anyone tell me what it means to root my phone. I wanna get everything out of my x2.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No hate here... Do feel free to ask and browse around... And have a good time with no fear of getting flamed...
What rooting does... It gives you system level access... That's it... Then you can choose to do what you want... So after you root.. You can remove bloat/blur... But somethings are required to run other features...
Another thing you can do is install a rom... Which will really make your x2 shine... I put liberty 3 on for a friend... Who is pretty new to this... And he loves it

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey what's up I am new to all of this. Don't hate me but can anyone tell me what it means to root my phone. I wanna get everything out of my x2.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Welcome to the forums and do not hesitate to ask whatever questions you come up with. We pride our self's on answering questions and not telling someone to "go search" or "you should search first". Also, don't fall into the trap of thinking folks will look down on you for asking a simple question. We were not born with a knowledge of the Android OS. We were all noob's at one point or another. We were just at that point a little before you - luck of the draw or circumstances. So, ask your questions and we will answer them - if we don't know the answer, we'll just make one up (just kidding of course). :biggrin:

Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy it here!!