Newbie newb newb

Leibog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
Just wanted to say hi to everyone in the forum!

I've actually been reading quite a lot for the past few days and I guess I just wanna lay it out here why I joined the forum..

Why I joined the forum:
I've actually been an android user for almost 3-4 years now. Currently, I am in possession of a Samsung Note 3 and a Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I actually joined this forum to seek help on things I want to learn on (rooting, ROMs, extent of root users and so so so much more. Btw, I have been curious for probably a year now but getting scared it might brick and actually risking that and not knowing what to do with a rooted phone hinders me). And yeah, I guess I am already sure that I want to root my device and get to know more and as much i can about the android in general. But the thing is, reading on the forums from different people with different phones and different perspectives on it is just plain confusing. I have to be honest that I won't take the time to go from thread to thread because I too, like many of us, have other things I have to do. I actually come to this place to actually somehow look for a "mentor-mentee" relationship on what my devices can do. I actually haven't check if that already exists in this forum but I guess i wont be taking the time as well to search for that. And tbh, I am also interested in sharing information to someone "new" like me now on how he or she can maximize his or her android experience once I actually think i have everything together. So, yeah. LOL. I said quite a few. So I guess, im looking forward for people to reach out to me on how they can help me and probably answer my questions :)

TLDR. Joined to get help on rooting and getting to know my android better and willing to help once i do know how to. :p

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I have an idea you came to the right place. I'm not the right person for what you need but I'm sure one will be along.

OP
L

Leibog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung note 3
Welcome to the forum

I have an idea you came to the right place. I'm not the right person for what you need but I'm sure one will be along.
Hope so too! Thanks, man!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum @Leibog. I'm sure you will find the information you require here at DroidForums. Enjoy the site and do share your Android experiences.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF @Leibog! I pretty much started on DF the same way you are. I actually spent almost two years browsing without even being a member bc I wanted to root my Motorola droid. The interactions and information was so plentiful that I rooted & rommed my droid without ever having to ask a question (chevyno1 ss version roms were my favorites). The support and interaction in this DF community was so complete, I was able to do everything I needed. Eventually, I had a question I needed to ask so I became a member. As you explore, you get to know the members, their expertise and exactly where to look for what you want.

I have to say the reason why DF was always my go to place for all android-need-to-know/want-to-know was because no question was ever treated as too simple. Everyone was always very respectful and helpful for everything & anything.

Explore, enjoy and if you have any questions, jump in.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Welcome.

I'm ok with Samsung devices. There are some features I haven't dived into yet since the last Sammy device I owned was an S3, but I won't mind helping you look up some information or point you in the right direction. Most of us here have IT/Tech Support backgrounds so we got the know-how to at least find something out for ya.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome...

Gramesmith

Reaction score
Nice to meet you and welcome to this forum. I am having a nice time over here. What about you?