Newbie needs help

Robo4usa1

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,
My name is Rick. Im an old guy that works as a teacher in a highschool. I dont have much experience and created a problem on my droid.
I have a rooted droid X running 2.2.1

I recently changed from APEX 1.3 to Liberty v.1.0 this was very smooth and I really like the versitility of the liberty Mod. The little I know about it. haha.

Problem started when my 16 gig SD card bacame full. I transferred it from my original Droid. so it was already half full. Before heading to the Patriots game I decided to delete some APKs. I was sure to delete the older one before new phone. haha.

Since then... Cant load into bootstrapper, rom manager will open but no access to bootloader, Titanium back up wont work, NO SUPER USER privilages...

I tried to re install all the above and nothing works. The phone is funtional. but not able to back up or get into backup.

How screwed am I?

Rick

Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

OP
R

Robo4usa1

Reaction score
Thank you

However, I tried to do that. I have Z4 root and it just stayed at main screen for twenty minutes... I checked again and nothing changed. I dont seem to be rooted anymore. After I tried that I just put a new blank SD card in. I have full funtion of phone but no root.

I was thinking of connecting to PC and learning how to access those files. I think I may have deleted the Superuser APK. I know nothing. haha.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
However, I tried to do that. I have Z4 root and it just stayed at main screen for twenty minutes... I checked again and nothing changed. I dont seem to be rooted anymore. After I tried that I just put a new blank SD card in. I have full funtion of phone but no root.

I was thinking of connecting to PC and learning how to access those files. I think I may have deleted the Superuser APK. I know nothing. haha.

Have you tried a battery pull?

forever29

Reaction score
Sounds like there might be some footprints. If you still have any type of SU apk's on the
memory card then just delete it and try the root again. Even go into the motorola recovery
and clear the cache from there too for good measure.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the SU apk is going to be in system/app

So without root access, you're not going to be able to access the system
files in order to delete that over. If someone doesn't come in with a solution
on rooting without having to delete that apk, then you're looking at an SBF.

Last edited:

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
thats why i dont move any apk's to my SD card. Whats the point of having 8gigs of internal memory if you wont use it? Yeah i know im not really contributing to your dilemma but i say avoid moving apps to SD cards. And i still find it rather peculiar as to why deleting that stuff from you SD card would remove superuser access. Hopefully someone with good android experience would chime in,

isaak

Reaction score
Go to droidpirate they have. Another way to root the droidx I thik the call it one click something

DThomp

Reaction score
Try putting the phone in airplane mode then try Z4 again. After finding that tip my phone will reroot in under 2 minutes off a SBF.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Simple fix

This should be a simple fix. Like was posted above, before you try anything else, battery pull then z4. Should work like a charm....:blackdroid: