Newbie needs help with ROMs.

mpridmore

Reaction score
I'm loving my Bionic! I've got it rooted (thanks to the fantastic users of this forum!), and Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, and ROM Toolbox Pro are installed. I'm running Holo Launcher instead of stock home screen.

I understand basically what ROMs are, but I have questions: (1) Where do I find good ROMs to install? (2) What features does each ROM contain? Are there lists somewhere, or a database or screenshots? (3) What else do I need to install in order to install a custom ROM? and (4) Exactly how do I install one?

Thanks for helping me out with this. I, like most of you, are eagerly awaiting the ICS release for the Bionic. Until then, I want as lean and mean an Android machine as I can get!

CaptainSeth

Reaction score
I've found ROMs by searching these forums and XDA. I've ran a few, and they all vary on feature sets.

I flashed with Safestrap, making a safe and unsafe system, the unsafe being your standard system that shouldn't be changed. More detailed instructions can usually be found with each Rom, but none of the ones I've tried ever became my daily driver. I was a big fan of the ICS leaks that you could flash through stock recovery. There were just too many bugs in the ICS ROMs for my taste. They were fun to tinker with, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR by the power of Greyskull