1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newbie Needs Help. Rooted with Sholes and now I have one question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dynomite1371, Feb 16, 2010.

1. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member

Ok, I stumbled through rooting (Sholes) and when installing ROM 2.0.5 I was uncertain of all of the things to check to install, So I checked the things I recognized and now I see I don't have the full package. I guess I wanted 2.1 but was unsure what to check. Should I just re-do , if so how. And should I just check everything........I'm kinda clueless. And that wipe thing confused me to any help would be great. When I was asked about data wipe, I picked no. ????????Please un**** me someone.
  2. mach330

mach330 New Member

u should be ok. it automatically creates a backup for you. do this.

1.power off phone
    2. hold 'x" button n turn on (keep holding x)
    3. after you go to recovery mode. go to nandroid restore and choose the backup name. it should have a backup name of the oem stock you just had. it should have the date. you probably only have one since you just did it.
    4. once you verify yourbackup is there, go back a few directories until you see wipe data
    5. after you wipe data, go back to restore and do an actual restore

usually, when you're installing a new rom, you need to wipe the data. but always backup first. then you can just restore the data portion of your nandroid backup of the rom you currently just installed (unless you're going from 2.0.1 to 2.1 or vice versa). it'll have some problems if you try to restore your old data to the new rom.

or

I think you can go to smupdater again and you can unroot it from there (basically go back to your old 2.0.1 unrooted).
  3. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

I'm pretty sure you can just re-flash and pick whatever options you didn't pick the first time around. At least, that's what I did and everything seems to be running fine. I didn't like the milestone browser or the new desktop clock so I just re-flashed the 2.0.5 the same way I did the first time and unchecked those options.
  4. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member

thanks Kevin, I like the sound of that, if no -one objects, I'm going try that. Any other suggestions on what NOT to check... I seem to like smoked glass and the gallery is cool, What about the 2.1 which check is that. Oh yeah and Set CPu will only allow 600 and it seems buggy I have to open it the remember/ allow screen comes up every time, then I have to go back to home page re-open to see the interface. From there what should I check the max in and out is 600. Is that because I did not check 2.1 with Rom install???? Thanks Guys (in advance)
  5. cfi on the fly

cfi on the fly New Member

Im not crazy about the blurry scrolling on milestone either, but the smooth scrolling is nice. Is the default browser just as smooth overclocked?
  6. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

This isn't a 2.1 ROM. Its a 2.0.1 ROM with some 2.1 apps included. As for setcpu did you select droid or autodetect? If you picked droid open setpcu hit menu button and select device, then pick autodetect. Should take care of that.
  7. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

The stock browser still has the slight lag that stock 2.0.1 has. Doesn't look like overclocking fixes that. Hopefully the 2.1 browser will be nice and smooth.
  8. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

Nope, it's because you picked "Droid" instead of autodetect. As far as the other options, I would just install all of them, play around, and re-flash removing the ones you don't like.
  9. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

The " blurry scrolling" is why the milestone browser is smoother. I read somewhere it was a bug with the default browser always staying in high resolution, instead of dropping to low resolution for scrolling. I prefer the milestones by far.
  10. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

If that's true, I'm not impressed. All the native apps should be able to handle the Droid's resolution without lagging.
  11. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

Actually, I doubt that's the problem because some websites have no problem whatsoever. I heard something about a problem with picture rendering.
  12. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member

Thanks

Thanks guys for your help, just downloaded the ROM over. (the reflash option was not offered) Then I checked all that I wanted and things are rolling well. Fixed the Setcpu as well. It seems 800 is a good number and using profiles to save battery all seems well. I'm hooked now and I dont know what to do next..................