1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Newbie looking to root Droid X --- Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by AlexRogers, Jul 22, 2010.

1. AlexRogers

AlexRogers New Member

I just bought my first Droid (the X) and there are some things that really bother me about the device. From reading some of the discussions, it appears the only way I can fix them is to root the device.

As I am a complete novice to rooting, I need some help. If rooting is not required, I would rather not have to do it.

I am looking to delete and/or hide apps in the app drawer. There are several stock apps I do not want on my device and I would prefer to delete or hide them. I know I can just not add them to my main screens, but I would prefer to delete/hide them from the app drawer as well. Also, I would like the ability to rename apps if that is possible.

Are there apps that will allow me to do this without rooting the device. If a root is required, can someone point me to easy how-to guide from start to finish. Thanks for the help!
  2. USCChem

USCChem New Member

3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Unfortunately the X has not been rooted yet. The Bootloader is still locked and no one has found a way to hack into it yet. Hang in there though, I really believe it is only a matter of time.
  4. cpjr

cpjr New Member

^There is also a guide HERE, in the X forum. Pretty easy to follow.
  5. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Wha......you didnt get the memo ;)