Newbie hotspot question

cpinto

Reaction score
I must have a different charger than you. Ill look for a connection cable on ebay or something

It should be the same. My charger has two parts. The power supply and the USB cable which will disconnect from the power supply.

If it's the one you got with the X, they should be the same.

7233.jpg
7426.jpg

Last edited:

tawalker42

Reaction score
I had the phone shipped to my house and this is the charger that came in the box. I bet its not the right one.

cpinto

Reaction score
I had the phone shipped to my house and this is the charger that came in the box. I bet its not the right one.

Correct. Did you buy this direct from Verizon? You should have gotten a Sync cable and USB charger.

Strange ...

Well, these cables are fairly standard now, and easy to buy at any Best Buy, Walmart or Online.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
It is just a standard USB to MicroUSB cable. You should be able to find one anywhere that they sell computers and accessories.

OP
L

Leah2353

Reaction score
Pda net

I've downloaded it on my imac and uploaded the app to my droid but for some reason my computer isn't recognizing the droid as being plugged in. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks again.

Leah

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I've never used PDAnet or tethered myself, but a quick look at their site's help shows this,
PdaNet Desktop for Mac which is probably most of your problem.

Since it says that the current version doesn't work, maybe an older one would. Go ahead and read through their FAQ. You may have to contact them to see if they have a way to support your G4.

PdaNet for Android FAQ

OP
L

Leah2353

Reaction score
Yeah, I did read that. It says it works on 10.5 (which I have) but not on imacs (which I have). Thought I'd give it a try anyway...

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Well, just in case it does.

When you connect the phone to the computer via USB cable you will get a notification. Pull down notifications, tap on the USB connection notification and it will give you several options. Give them each a try and see if it helps.

OP
L

Leah2353

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that. When I select the first three, it says no phone connected. When I select charge only, I just get the spinning colorwheel and nothing happens.

OP
L

Leah2353

Reaction score
I have an older, non-intel based mac and I think that might be the problem. I've seen a couple folks suggest that Pda net isn't supported on them... Boo!

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The first link I showed in post #26 was for a G4 using a different solution than PDAnet.

Last edited:
OP
L

Leah2353

Reaction score
Yep, I read through that and I'm not sure what it all means. My computer is from 2003 (ancient) and I don't think I have bluetooth capability. When I open the bluetooth icon it says I don't have the hardware. Again, I'm a pretty basic computer user so I could be mistaken here... I can't tell how I appreciate your help though!