Newbie Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Lebowski, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Lebowski

Lebowski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys - just got the droid a couple of weeks ago and love it so far.

Quick Noob question.

The default browser.... it's like it's alway open I assume? You don't "close". Every time I click back on the browser - it's sitting at whatever page I viewed last.

When I click on the browser I would either like to see my bookmarks in alphabetical order or simple a Google homepage. Any way to make that happen?

Other than that - within a week I am surfing, using my gmail effectively, facebooking, buzzing, tweeting, using voice search to find a place and then navigate to it. Pretty awesome stuff - in love! :D

Just need a car holder to use it as a GPS and I am set.

Ohh... one more question - it chargers a ton more quickly using the socket plugin versus USB. Is that always the case?

Thanks!

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    :welcome: to the Droid Forums. It really doesn't matter if you leave it running but if you click the back button that should close the browser down for you.

You may want to take a look at this thread here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

Glad you found us, and if you can't find something please do ask. Don't forget to visit our faq's section. :)

3. Lebowski

Lebowski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome - thanks hookbill!!!

4. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome, Lebowski! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information!

In answer to your second question, yes, it will always charge much faster with the wall charger as opposed to the USB charge because the USB is only a trickle charge. And just a friendly heads up that using any old micro USB charger can cause some real harm to the Droid and make it freak out and open apps on its own - seriously. So be careful what you're using for a charger.

:welcome: