Newbie here

IrisOriginals

Reaction score
Just got my first smart phone - Motorola Droid 855 and thought this would be a good place to learn about it. I've read the manual - not that it really told me much. Mostly my granddaughter has helped me (I'm older than dirt, but trying to keep up). I read a ton of reviews before I made my decision, but maybe didn't rad enough to know for sure it would do the things I want it to do.

So, I'm going from a Pantech Jest and had a ringtone on there I REALLY liked. Can't figure out how to get it to the Droid.

Also, want to put specific ringtones with specific people - can't find if I can even do that (won't be happy if I can't).

Anyway, thanks for having me and for any help anyone might be able to give me. I'm off to read threads now.

Another question, can I set it to give me a notification tone only for voicemail or text?

Iris

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

You should be able to set specific ringtones thru your contacts - it would be in the additional info / more after you press edit.

As for the ringtone that you had previously, was it stored on your SD card of the previous phone or was it on the phone itself? If you can pull it from the SD card, you would be able to use it on your Droid otherwise, you might look into the app Zedge as it has a TON of ringtones and you could find something just like it or similiar.

As for notification for VM or SMS, these will generally be in the app settings of the specific app or under phone settings - sound.

Good luck!

OP
I

IrisOriginals

Reaction score
Thanks - I did find how to set the individual ringtones/sounds. No SD card in my old phone. When I try to go and get the ringtone AGAIN from Verizon, it tells me it's not available for my phone (the droid). VERY annoying. :icon_evil: I looked at Zedge, may have to use one of theirs, but I REALLY, REALLY want my old Ringtone - it's "Super Mom on the Call" and makes my smile everytime it rings (with one of my kids or grandkids calling).

Anyway, thanks again.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin: